Windows 10: CPU lagging

Discus and support CPU lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my AC adapter stopped working. My computer was without power for a week. I bought a 90 watt AC adapter after finding out the 65 watt adapter I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShayDavis2, May 15, 2019.

1. CPU lagging

Recently my AC adapter stopped working. My computer was without power for a week. I bought a 90 watt AC adapter after finding out the 65 watt adapter I had was wrong. Now my laptop lags after a simple restart but not when powering up after a complete shutdown. Why is this?

:)

ShayDavis2, May 15, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 15, 2019
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, May 15, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

CPU lagging

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 15, 2019
Thema:

CPU lagging

1. CPU lagging - Similar Threads - CPU lagging

2. high cpu usage lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high cpu usage lag: Hai ,i will be grateful if I will find out how to resolve my problem . When i open task manager show 47% cpu usage , but PC goes slow , Andrei i open anul other program show 100% cpu usage constant.[IMG][IMG]...
  3. Windows 10 put CPU into idle caused lagging while playing a game ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 put CPU into idle caused lagging while playing a game ?: my dell xps15 with Intel i7-7820HQ 2.90 GHz whatever I play a game for example, LOL or Overwatch or Starcraft 2, what happened is that Win 10 somehow throttling down from normal 2.89 GHz to 0.8 GHz (which is idle position) in the middle of game cause my screen lagging, and...
  4. Very high, Disk, CPU, RAM causing huge lag (Windows10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high, Disk, CPU, RAM causing huge lag (Windows10): Very recently my computer has been extremely slow, upon checking Task manager my disk was 100%, RAM and CPU is vey high. I have looked all over the internet and have found no solution to this, please help. I have Toshiba Satellite laptop, Win10, I have done a...
  5. No speakers sound after October update, horrible lag and 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speakers sound after October update, horrible lag and 100% CPU usage: After I did the most recent October 2018 update I don't have sound through the speakers anymore. Moreover, when I uninstall and install the audio drivers and do a restart the PC totally freezes up, the cursor is barely moving and the CPU usage is at 100%. After the next...
  6. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  7. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Support
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  8. Wireless input devices lag under CPU load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless input devices lag under CPU load: Hi, I have experienced issues regarding my Wireless input devices (Logitech Unifying Receiver mouse & keyboard, Bluetooth Wireless Controller) during gaming. Both receivers are plugged into USB 3.0 ports and in almost immediate proximity. When idle, or performing simple...
  9. CPU spikes and performance lag

CPU spikes and performance lag: Hi everyone. During the past few days I have a problem regarding my computer performance. Problem: -My computer is getting random performance lags that last 3-5 seconds. -The cpu usage will jump when it happens; anywhere from 50-100%. -Large Ethernet spikes as well....
  10. CPU Spikes and PC Lag

CPU Spikes and PC Lag: So my PC is running normally without any lag spikes in Videos, Games, and everything UNTIL I open up World of Warcraft, then the lag spikes return. Would anyone have a clue about what causes this ?