Windows 10: CPU limited to 28%

Discus and support CPU limited to 28% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell XPS 9560 with an i7 7th gen quad core clocked at 2.8 GHz My computer has been slower lately and I discovered this morning in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricPerigny, Mar 8, 2019.

1. CPU limited to 28%

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 9560 with an i7 7th gen quad core clocked at 2.8 GHz

My computer has been slower lately and I discovered this morning in the Performance tab in the Task Manager that the CPU shows at 0.78 GHz and max out at 28%. (which kind of makes sense since 0.78/2.80GHz=28%)

I went to the BIOS to reset it to factory defaults and it didn't change a thing.

I read that it can happen when the computer is unpluged or is using a "jobber" power adapter but I am using my OEM adapter.

I also tested with Intel diagnostic tool and every tests passes. I don't feel it's an hardware issue....

Is there a setting somewhere in Windows that could limit CPU usage?

CPU limited to 28% 04806d02-779e-4bf1-a722-83ddad2367d8?upload=true.jpg

:)

EricPerigny, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 8, 2019
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

CPU limited to 28%

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

CPU limited to 28%

1. CPU limited to 28% - Similar Threads - CPU limited 28%

2. CPU limit app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU limit app: can someone recommend app that limits CPU usage of some apps? Because while playing Roblox it uses 100 of my CPU and heats much idk why, other games is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-limit-app/c0fda435-7973-4af5-87b9-ff0811a91b14
  3. CPU limit app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU limit app: can someone recommend app that limits CPU usage of some apps? Because while playing Roblox it uses 100 of my CPU and heats much idk why, other games is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-limit-app/c0fda435-7973-4af5-87b9-ff0811a91b14
  4. how to disable cpu limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable cpu limit: my CPU has a limited 27%, not 100%, this is annoying because its very lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-cpu-limit/085e52be-d72f-4d67-8498-3b03db966067
  5. how to disable cpu limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable cpu limit: my CPU has a limited 27%, not 100%, this is annoying because its very lag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-cpu-limit/085e52be-d72f-4d67-8498-3b03db966067
  6. Why is the speed of the cpu limited

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the speed of the cpu limited: [ATTACH] This is how it is when I turn on my laptop https://preview.redd.it/9jousbr2kdv51.png?width=827&format=png&auto=webp&s=1eb3d59e46b498651147e0f285bedcea5162d65e And when I close it or the screen is turned off the cpu is limited to 35%...
  7. CPU usage is limited.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage is limited.: [ATTACH] Sometimes when i disconnect from the wifi and connect via ethernet the cpu is limited to 35%, as you can see in the image, and the computer slows down, and i have to reboot. Task manager only reaches 35% and rainmeter skin 100% When normally it's almost the same...
  8. CPU limiting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU limiting: Hi. I have a laptop with an Intel Core i5 4200M that runs at 2.5 GHz. The LCD broke a few days ago and so I'm using an external monitor and the laptop is basically a desktop for now. Since it stays in the same place, instead of charging and discharging the battery the...
  9. How to limit cpu utilisation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to limit cpu utilisation?: I would like limit cpu utilisation below or equal 25% in both window and Linux Forbidden swap and virtual memory if exceed this limit Bonus is to force the program to stop And request authorisation to continue to run if exceed this limit for 1 second Or pop up...
  10. CPU Usage limited to 22%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Usage limited to 22%?: So when I use my computer and I do heavy tasks like video editing, my CPU hits 100% usage and gets respectable temps of around 60-75C while rendering (this is Balanced Performance Mode, by the way). However, the moment I plug in my laptop, my CPU usage in Task Manager will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop cpu 28%

2. computer cpu 28%