Windows 10: CPU Logical cores

Discus and support CPU Logical cores in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jhsjiho, Jan 6, 2019.

1. jhsjiho Win User

CPU Logical cores

Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can anyone help?

:)

jhsjiho, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Corbin ' Win User

Should lsass be using a large percentage of my CPU?

'Local Security Authority Process' is using over 25% of my CPU at times.

In case it's needed information, my CPU is listed as:

'Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)'

Is this something to worry about?

Corbin ', Jan 6, 2019
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    (Windows 10) Even after activating all 4 cores, my computer only uses 1.

I'll repeat doug's question, why do you think you are using only one core?

Doug suggested task manager, but actually it depends on the version of Windows you have. In the past Task manager did graphically show you use on the physical and logical cores. But the current version does not.

Instead, in Task Manager > Performance tab, at the bottom of the dialog click on "Resource Monitor" (or just search for and launch Resource Monitor from the start menu). Click on the CPU tab. On the right side of the dialog it shows graphs of CPU use.

For example, I have a dual core CPU with hyperthreading. So I have 4 logical "cpu's".

Rohn007, Jan 6, 2019
  4. CPU Logical cores

problem cores cpu

hello

my cpu is 4 core but task manager show the 2 core:

http://dl4.tajdownload.ir//Untitled.png

why fixed?

my os is windows 10 64bit enterprise - version 1709 - build 16299.125

cpu: a8-7600

mohammada1, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

CPU Logical cores

1. CPU Logical cores - Similar Threads - CPU Logical cores

2. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  3. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  4. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Docker does not get same logical cores as of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docker does not get same logical cores as of windows: Server platform with two sockets, each socket having 32 physical cores. Hyper threading enabled.Windows server 2022 shows total number of cores 64, logical processors 128.Docker system info list only 64 logical processors.As long as logical processors are less than 64enabling...
  6. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  7. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  8. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. CPU Core Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Core Updating: Does Anyone Know how to update CPU Cores? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-core-updating/633dbf59-c831-460a-845e-e0114c4e448f
  10. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...