Windows 10: CPU Mobo or MS?

Discus and support CPU Mobo or MS? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been reading forums for 5 days now on this hal.dll, pshed, ntsokrnl beast. All point to 3(+3) things, CPU MOBO and (3)drivers. So with tested memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gieto, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Gieto Win User

CPU Mobo or MS?

Been reading forums for 5 days now on this hal.dll, pshed, ntsokrnl beast. All point to 3(+3) things, CPU MOBO and (3)drivers. So with tested memory (and swaps) tested SSD's (also swapped) and a fresh 10 install, no drivers, bios at defaults, every dump points to these same 3 files. The dead end is not having a second processor or mobo to test, and MS won't own it as being software related unless they blame 3rd party drivers (which I haven't installed). All the forums beat the questioners to death with tests and posts of dumps insistent that they are necessary to find a solution (none have), even when some are techs themselves hoping for a ray of light to a problem that defies hardware issue. I have been running tests in safe mode for days not finding issue with the CPU or mobo, until windows loads the trinity. BSOD.

The wife of a fellow geek stopped by, and mid-explanation of my frustration, looks over my shoulder with giggles pointing at the time strings on the errors. From a Bluetooth error in 1986, to a USB error in 2104, I have to admit, if I were a hacker from the future who wanted to mess with people really low key, I'd name the file "platform specific hardware error driver" too. Own it.

CPU Mobo or MS? fc5a5b57-db09-4996-8ae9-44789e2e9781?upload=true.jpg

CPU Mobo or MS? 12420ec4-2ef0-4418-8aab-97f951e9075c?upload=true.png

I'm gonna just blame intel(R) and microsoft(D) equally and go buy a new CPU, as neither of them will own a problem like this.

(that's the only solution I've found consistent).

:)

Gieto, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Kenp180 Win User

Upgrading mobo and cpu

Currently have AMD Phenomx4, ddr3 ram with AM3 socket. Moving to AMD 10a-7700k cpu and ASUS mobo which use ddr3 but are FM2+ socket. Will my version of Win10 (1709), downloaded as free upgrade from Win7, be linked to my MS Account and therefore reactivate
    automatically with such a hardware change. Or will I need to purchase another licence or alter BIOS settings. I am a complete novice on this side of computing so any helpful advice very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Kenp180, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Kenp180 Win User
    Upgrading mobo and cpu

Thanks Brian, the issue I have is that it was a free upgrade from win7 and not preinstalled therefore not strictly an OEM licence. The second issue is that current mobo being am3 and new mobo being fm2+ are both derivatives of the same architecture So
    will it class as a new pc. If so am I better copying HD to external HD so that when I reboot I would only have to redownload files embedded in ms for games such as bf1?

Kenp180, Sep 29, 2019
  4. JaYp146 Win User

CPU Mobo or MS?

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

CPU Mobo or MS?

1. CPU Mobo or MS? - Similar Threads - CPU Mobo

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a: I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build. I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes? My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing...
  3. Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.: A few days ago I attempted to perform the cu update from 1903 xxxxx.418 to 1909 using the files and procedure from uudump. Downloading and creating the ISO all went well. Mounted the ISO on my SSD and initiated the upgrade. It was proceeding as it should. At some point my pc...
  4. Random hard reboots after upgrading CPU, MOBO and RAMs (BugcheckCode 278, no BSODs).

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random hard reboots after upgrading CPU, MOBO and RAMs (BugcheckCode 278, no BSODs).: Hello. I recently upgraded my CPU, MOBO and RAMs. I also upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've enabled Game Boost & XMP profile in the BIOS and left all the other settings on optimized defaults. I'm having some weird issues with random hard reboots. Screen goes black...
  5. Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling: Hi, I'm swapping from Intel to AMD tomorrow, so drivers are gonna be very borked. Do I need to reinstall fresh, or can I just swap the hard drive and reboot, letting win update fix it and manually uninstalling old drivers? (my licence is linked to my account already) If I...
  6. My Mobo/CPU fried, replacing with newer hardware. I upgraded from W7 to W10. How can I find...

My Mobo/CPU fried, replacing with newer hardware. I upgraded from W7 to W10. How can I find...: Hello, basically my issue is that my setup just stopped powering on properly recently, and began cycling every half-second- to where i could not even enter the bios. I replaced the Power Supply and sequentially removed parts that could be the issue until I was down to just...
  7. Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have...

Want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, and GPU when Navi and Zen 2 come out in July, will I have...: So the title really explains it all, I know that as a security measure sometimes Microsoft will deactivate Windows when some parts of your PC change. How can I avoid this? Thanks guys....
  8. Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram)

Activation failure after hardware changes. (cpu mobo ram): Hello, I recently updated my hardware and I am now being asked to activate Windows. I do not have the product key from when I originally bought windows and the troubleshoot only recognises my MSI mobo (old one) not the Aorus (new one). However, my email address is linked...
  9. Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10....

Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10....: I am wondering if it's possible to use the Upgrade option for installing Windows 10 on the hard drive with Windows 7 if my MOBO and CPU are new. I had planned to do a fresh install, but it would be nice to keep the files from my Windows 7 installation if I can. Thanks....
  10. Installing windows on Intel DQ35JO mobo and E5500 C2D CPU

Installing windows on Intel DQ35JO mobo and E5500 C2D CPU: So I tried to install windows on this system - DQ35JO Intel motherboard and E5500 Core 2 Duo CPU. On a fresh just from a shop SSD. I bought PC without Hard drive o added new SSD. When connected SSD and plugged in USB flash disk with Windows 10 Home edition 64 Bit that I used...