Windows 10: CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11

Discus and support CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,My HP PC running an Intel Core i7 6700T CPU @ 2,800Ghz is the only thing stopping my upgrading to Windows 11, every other requirement is ok.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PB from Adelaide South, Oct 9, 2021.

1. CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11

Hello all,My HP PC running an Intel Core i7 6700T CPU @ 2,800Ghz is the only thing stopping my upgrading to Windows 11, every other requirement is ok.I just do not understand why because surely a Core processor is faster and more capable than any Atom or Celeron processor!?Your PC Health Check says: "The processor clock speed is 1Ghz or faster... clock speed 2.8Ghz" and "The processor has 2 or more cores... Processor cores: 4" Minimum requirements are just that, so if a PC surpasses said requirements then what's the issue???Please change such practices Microsoft as they're illogical and underm

:)

PB from Adelaide South, Oct 9, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10

Welcome to Ten Forums sddfds

Windows 11 has not been released to the public yet. The only Windows 11 currently available is on the Insider Dev and Beta channels.

Whether or not you can upgrade your tablet from 10 to 11 very much depends on the specs of the tablet. Microsoft have increased the minimum required specification for Windows 11. In particular Windows 11 requires a minimum of 4GB RAM, an a UEFI bios with Secure Boot enabled and TPM 2.0 security. In addition, a supported processor is required, for Intel that means an 8th gen or newer CPU (with similar requirements for AMD processors). The full list of requirements are here...

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows/w...1-requirements

...and the lists of supported processors here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-h...r-requirements

Windows 11 setup or upgrade will check that the system meets the minimum requirements and will not install on a machine that is below spec. When 11 is released, Windows Update will not offer 11 as an optional update to machines that are below the minimum requirements.

Without knowing what tablet you have it's not possible to say if it can be upgraded. But as tablets tend to be at the lower end of the market the chances are that it cannot get the upgrade to Windows 11 when it is released. For machines that cannot run Windows 11 Microsoft has said that Windows 10 will continue to be supported until 2025.

Bree, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements

Source: Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements | Windows Insider Blog

Why not check out our new Windows 11 Forum? - www.elevenforum.com

Brink, Oct 9, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11

upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10

The only officially supported way to get 11 at this time is by joining the Windows Insider program, in either the developer or beta channels.

However, 11 has some hardware security requirements that many PCs that are more than a couple of years old don't meet. There are utilities to check for those . Here's one: Windows 11 Compatibility Checker 2.4 Download | TechSpot

The sticking point for a lot of PCs is the CPU. AMD supported list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...amd-processors Intel supported list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

It is possible to run the 11 insider versions on hardware that doesn't meet the requirements, but Microsoft has stated that the release version of 11 will not run on unsupported hardware.

It's very different from Windows 10 in that regard.

bobkn, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11

1. CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11 - Similar Threads - CPU meeting upgrade

2. Windows 11 CPU not supported but meeting minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU not supported but meeting minimum requirements: Hi,maybe noone can have an easy answer here, but i'd like to know why the CPU I have on a tiny and a maybe bit old computer, an Intel Celeron J1900, which is a quad core CPU running at 2.0GHz is not supported by Windows 11 installer if the minimum CPU requirements to run...
  3. Windows 11 CPU not supported but meeting minimum requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 CPU not supported but meeting minimum requirements: Hi,maybe noone can have an easy answer here, but i'd like to know why the CPU I have on a tiny and a maybe bit old computer, an Intel Celeron J1900, which is a quad core CPU running at 2.0GHz is not supported by Windows 11 installer if the minimum CPU requirements to run...
  4. "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "This pc doesn't meet requirements for upgrading to Windows 11": So one is supposed to download something to do an inspection of this ageing computer! I shall be getting a new pc anyway. I despise having my nose rubbed in obsolescence every time I open Windows Update....
  5. CPU I3 7100 - WHY NOT MEETING UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS OF WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU I3 7100 - WHY NOT MEETING UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS OF WINDOWS 11: CPU-I3 7100U is a sufficient cpu for windows 11. It is eligible for all of demands of windows 11. I need a reasonable reason. Why don't windows11 support i3-7100U? Is MS preparing for i3-7100U or not? If yes, then how much time it will take....
  6. CPU I3 7100 - WHY NOT MEETING UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS OF WINDOWS 11

CPU I3 7100 - WHY NOT MEETING UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS OF WINDOWS 11: CPU-I3 7100U is a sufficient cpu for windows 11. It is eligible for all of demands of windows 11. I need a reasonable reason. Why don't windows11 support i3-7100U? Is MS preparing for i3-7100U or not? If yes, then how much time it will take....
  7. CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11

CPU not meeting upgrade requirement for Windows 11: Hello all,My HP PC running an Intel Core i7 6700T CPU @ 2,800Ghz is the only thing stopping my upgrading to Windows 11, every other requirement is ok.I just do not understand why because surely a Core processor is faster and more capable than any Atom or Celeron...
  8. Not Meeting CPU Requirements for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Meeting CPU Requirements for Windows 11: I have three computers, two laptops and one desktop. All are between two and four years old and have Core i5's and i7's. None of them meet the CPU requirements for Windows 11. What does MS want me to do? Through away all my existing PC's?...
  9. Not Meeting CPU Requirements for Windows 11

Not Meeting CPU Requirements for Windows 11: I have three computers, two laptops and one desktop. All are between two and four years old and have Core i5's and i7's. None of them meet the CPU requirements for Windows 11. What does MS want me to do? Through away all my existing PC's?...
  10. can upgrade CPU to meet for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can upgrade CPU to meet for windows 11?: how to upgrade CPU to meet windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-upgrade-cpu-to-meet-for-windows-11/e2031d13-d648-4c51-9f5c-6729e3e84527