Windows 10: Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing

Discus and support Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi,so i have discovered this problem while i was playing game and what it does is when my cpu utilization reaches 100% the speed of the processor gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zeeshan Ali_Oo7, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing

hi,so i have discovered this problem while i was playing game and what it does is when my cpu utilization reaches 100% the speed of the processor gets limited to its base speed which in my case is 2.4GHz

And when the cpu utilization is low(idle or doing some normal stuff like opening files etc) it turbo boosts upto 3.0GHz. I have been facing this problem after windows update 1709.

One thing that came to my mind was CPU temperature so accordinng to pics below its under the limit

My Laptop specs:

Model HP 14 j005tx

Intel i7 5500u processor 2.4GHz

12 gb Ram

500 gb toshiba 5400 rpm

intel graphics 5500

Nvidia GTX 950m

WHEN IDLE Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing 98df111e-cc25-4ad0-b460-9f1c5dc78c48?upload=true.png

WHEN STRESS TESTING

Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing a32f9eca-50d3-48b1-b942-2a44f0f3dcf3?upload=true.png

:)

Zeeshan Ali_Oo7, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU  

Ok, thanks. Funny how all these stress tests all act different on the same system. Realbench, for example will freeze when I'm OC'd, or totally screw up my system times when set to default(4.0GHz with one core @ 4.2GHz turbo boost) and Aida64 works normally.

Cliff S, Mar 22, 2019
  3. TedN91740 Win User
    Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi MC

You just disabled it. I have four apps that I have programmed into my Turbo Boost.

The Turbo Boost actually works well. The apps I have programmed into it run faster because of the Turbo Boost.

Because you disable it I don't think I could manually start it to run my apps. It is past 3 AM and I'm too tired to try.

And if I could manually start it I would be staring at the Turbo App until I manually click the close button. That is why we are all here to stop having to click on the close button either right after your PC starts up or if you can manually start it if
    as in your case you have disabled it.

What we need is a smart Intel Guy to figure out how the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update is fouling up Intel's Turbo Boost app.

TedN91740, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing

Intel Turbo Boost has stopped...

This happened after I started Hyper-V.

This was my first time creating a virtual machine and I was successful, but very soon after that I got a pop up saying Turbo Boost has stopped, unspecified error. I've tried restarting it but the error just happens again. I looked online for help and changed
    the Log On setting to local system account and allow service to interact with desktop, but no change. It was on This account before.

I've disabled Hyper-V in services and made sure it isn't running but Intel Turbo Boost still doesn't start up.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated...

EDIT:

After disabling Hyper-V in windows features and then restarting, Turbo Boost works again!

Is there any reason they can't work together?

KRISHFROMLONDON, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing

1. Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing - Similar Threads - Cpu turbo boosting

2. Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working: Hii,I have a Intel i3-1005G1 Processor HP laptop.My Intel Turbo Mode is enabled but cpu clock speed not increasing.My Max turbo speed should be 3.4ghz but it's stuck at 1.19ghz.I did all solutions but nothing is effecting.Minimum and maximum Processor State is also not adding...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU: So, about a year ago or so my computer started crashing with BSOD errors. I believe it wasn't until after windows 11 update that these errors started to happen more regularly. It used to only happen when I would play certain video games, but now it happens during downloads,...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU: So, about a year ago or so my computer started crashing with BSOD errors. I believe it wasn't until after windows 11 update that these errors started to happen more regularly. It used to only happen when I would play certain video games, but now it happens during downloads,...
  5. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  6. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  7. BSOD while stress testing my gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while stress testing my gpu: Not too sure what happened, I monitored temps while the test was running and everything appeared normal but suddenly got bsod during the test. Test had been running for about 30 minutes prior to this error. I will attach a copy of the dmp file below....
  8. Automatically change turbo boost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change turbo boost: Is there any way to change turbo boost automatically depending on if certain programs are running or not, I've used ThrottleStop but don't want to have to turn it on/off manually all the time depending on what I want to do. Would this affect performance significantly...
  9. Stress Testing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stress Testing: How can this happen to such an important and highly visible update? Was the update not thoroughly tested prior to release? I have a banking IT Audit background and am surprised this was not caught, because I would think this would be obvious during testing. Thanks....
  10. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU: How to: Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 is a freeware program originally designed to find new Mersenne prime numbers. Given the nature of Prime95 it is now widely used as a CPU stress testing utility to gauge the stability of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows laptop cpu not boosting