Windows 10: Cpu percentage too high?

Discus and support Cpu percentage too high? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arjit, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Arjit Win User

Cpu percentage too high?

My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle

:)

Arjit, Feb 21, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User

High cpu percentage on task manager

That is normal, your CPU should idle between 2% - 5% and when your system is idle, Windows will then perform tasks in the background like drive indexing, security...etc. and that will cause your CPU percentage to fluctuate up and down.

DaveM121, Feb 21, 2024
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

After I did this my cpu percentage is really unstable, it goes from 2% to 14% to over 20% when pc is idle

Arjit Singh, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Rick.T Win User

Cpu percentage too high?

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Cpu percentage too high?

1. Cpu percentage too high? - Similar Threads - Cpu percentage too

2. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  5. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE: Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix for this....
  6. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE: Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix for this....
  7. System interrupts using high percentage of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts using high percentage of CPU: Occasionally my PC will slow down drastically. I will open task manager to find out what is causing the slowdown, only to find system interrupts using about 80% of my CPU. The problem I have with troubleshooting this is that unlike other users who have posted about this...
  8. cpu is too high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu is too high: cpu is too high [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-too-high/c266743c-bbc6-4fe3-a872-dbbb274b189b
  9. CPU high percentage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU high percentage: Antimalware service executable is consuming a lot of CPU. How do I disable it ? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cpu-high-percentage/98023cc6-d869-4f4f-98dd-b3fa9077bbd7
  10. CPU Frequency Too High

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Frequency Too High: Recently my CPU is operating at 97% to 104% all the time. How can I throttle it back to idle? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-frequency-too-high/2cc1e580-8610-4dce-a7bf-ee8b6630536b