Windows 10: CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?

Discus and support CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I noticed recently that my PC was running a lot slower than normal. I've updated my drivers, defragmented the PC, and have not found a working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamTang_180, Feb 28, 2021.

1. CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?

I noticed recently that my PC was running a lot slower than normal. I've updated my drivers, defragmented the PC, and have not found a working solution. I was snooping around task manger to see if I could identify the problem, when I saw this: CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account? 180380d7-dcb1-4d50-a268-103438b1a400?upload=true.png

My CPU, disk, and RAM appear to be taken up by some sort of ghost user? My current account in blue is the only account on the PC, but the resources being used by it aren't adding up. What can I do about this?

:)

AdamTang_180, Feb 28, 2021

2. Relation between the Three CPU/RAM/Disk Space

Query Are:

1. What is the significance/working between CPU usage/RAM/Disk (Memory management) in Win-10 (64 bit)

why Disk Usage (C,D,E) shows full and practically its almost free in GB Eg: 300-400 GB

2. Please explain the significance of disk usage with CPU.

3. Please explain RAM usage or behaviour of RAM if CPU usage is Full.

Like if CPU memory is full then it tries to load on RAM or disk ...

How win-10 manage it..

ranjityadav, Feb 28, 2021
  3. comnuts Win User
    Relation between the Three CPU/RAM/Disk Space

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your questions.

I'm assuming you are referring to the metrics being display under Performance Tab of Task Manager.

1. These usages and graphs are pertaining to current utilization level of those resources.

CPU: Based on % utilization, it means how much processing power of CPU is being consumed by one or more active processes to run instructions.

RAM: The same applies here (utlization level) and it means the more processes are running on the system, more memory is consumed. When there is insufficient hardware memory, Windows will temporarily page data to Paging pool (Paging file is stored on disk) from
    memory.

Disk: This section refers to the Active Time of the disk, not free disk space. So when this is high or full, it means the disk is actively reading from and/or writing to.

In terms of relationship, when a process is launch or working, it may Read/Write to the disk, temporary store working data on the RAM and instructions runs on CPU (for example to process data).

I would suggest reading these post for further details/information:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-...

Virtual memory in 32-bit version of Windows - Windows Server

2. Basically CPU would be used to run instructions (like process data) and such data is primarily stored on your hard disks. Depending on how the program is written, it might directly process the data in CPU from Disk hence you will see utilization levels of
    both CPU and Disk to be high. If the program will read the data from Disk to Memory before processing in CPU, then you will see CPU/RAM/Disk to have higher utilization levels.

3. RAM usage is dependent on the process(es) and what kind of instructions are being executed. For example, a game requires 1 GB of memory to run, then it would take up at least 1 GB of memory, as more memory will be required to act as temporary storage. Since
    CPU is used to run instructions so a game will require the CPU to process these data in RAM/Disk. Together, you can expect all of usage to be increased. If CPU is full, then you can be sure that RAM usage and Disk utilization are probably higher. However,
    the ratio of increase won't always be the same.

I would also suggest reading this article to know more about the relationship between memory and CPU:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/busines...

I hope these answers you questions. Please let me know if I can help you further!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

comnuts, Feb 28, 2021
  4. CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?

Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

Hi. Acelyn Alc

No I did not and I am not going to perform the suggested steps. All I want is to inform people that the latest software versions did not help me.

Microsoft has to solve this. Not me. And they will. They did on my 950.

Edit: update to version 17.8104.42387.0. Still the ghost account.

Edit: update to version: 17.8119.42377.0. Still the ghost account.

Gerard Corbier, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?

1. CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account? - Similar Threads - CPU Ram Disk

2. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  3. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  4. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space being taken up on Windows 10?: Hi,I hope you're all having a good day! :Someone recently reset a laptop I'm using.There was a problem with activating windows once reset said it wasn't activated, couldn't find product key. Saw it said it was Windows 10 Enterprise, found a default code for Windows 10 Pro,...
  5. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  6. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  7. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Hard drive space being taken up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space being taken up: Hello Microsoft forums! So I have a problem on my computer with my hard drive, so, my hard drive is 111gb, i know its not alot but my computer broke and i had to get a new hard rive and this was the cheapest offer, but i was recently trying to download unreal engine to make a...
  9. SSD's space being taken up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD's space being taken up for no reason: Hi, I'm having a problem. Every day, my SSD fills up with 3 or more GB when I haven't even installed anything in ages; the only thing I'm doing is updating steam games which aren't even on my C drive, they are on my D drive.<br />For example, yesterday I had 360GB free, but...
  10. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over.": My HP all in one is just over a month old, and it began to have some weird "takeovers" of the mouse pointer coupled with dime size "orbs", that float around, usually on the right side of my screen. I ran every diagnostic that I could find, virus scans, you name it. Right now...