Windows 10: CPU/RAM usage gadget/app??

Discus and support CPU/RAM usage gadget/app?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Circumstances are forcing me to switch my gaming PC (there's just one 'game' (?!) on it - X-Plane 11) to Windows 10, as the latest Vulkan XP update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martinlest, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CPU/RAM usage gadget/app??

Circumstances are forcing me to switch my gaming PC (there's just one 'game' (?!) on it - X-Plane 11) to Windows 10, as the latest Vulkan XP update will not now support the sim running on Windows 7.

Well, so be it, if I really must move on (still love Win7 best of all); one small but major niggle however is that in Win7 I have been used to referring to the desktop gadget called Intel All CPU Monitor - I am sure many know which I mean: it shows CPU core usage, RAM usage and core temperatures. In Windows 10 (on the same, dual-booting PC in fact), into which I cannot install gadgets per se of course, I am really missing it.

Searching has not revealed a suitable alternative. Can anyone kindly suggest a desktop app that will display those three parameters on Win 10 (Pro x64)?

Many thanks!

Martin

:)

martinlest, Apr 4, 2020

2. RAM leaks and high CPU usage

Sorry to seem so negative, folks, but am I the only one who thinks it's disgraceful that the onus seems continually to be on users to fix the ridiculous RAM leaks and high CPU usage problems that were caused by the Fall 2017 Creators Update?

I received the Creators Update for Windows 10 Pro near the end of the year -- not surprisingly, since I'm currently living in eastern Europe. Installation went smoothly, but from the outset, I began experiencing significantly higher RAM and CPU usage. These
    were issues that I'd not experienced before. I did a bit of research, and discovered that the errors don't really seem to depend on system hardware or idiosyncratic configurations. Instead, the problems appear to lie clearly with the update itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a very robust system: i7 Haswell-E 5820, factory overclocked and liquid-cooled; 32 GB of RAM; GTX-980; fast SSD as my program drive, etc. I also have a Rainmeter skin that shows me RAM and CPU usage in real time. On boot, I used
    to see only about 2.25 GB of RAM being used; CPU would settle to 1-2%. Since the Creators Update, RAM usage on boot is routinely from a low of about 4.25 GB to as much as 7.5 GB, and CPU usage regularly shows prolonged inexplicable intervals of 20 - 35% usage,
    and occasionally even more.

I've tried the various suggested measures to alleviate the problems, with minimal (and only temporary) success at best. I've had no success at all in trying to get information directly from Microsoft through Support. It's worth noting that all the various
    suggestions to deal with these problems involving taking steps to cripple Windows functionality in order to reduce system overheads, thereby depriving users of some of the very benefits the OS is supposed to provide. Microsoft doesn't seem to be bothered by
    that; in fact, it seem quite content to allow users to flounder around in the mess created by the update.

Does anyone have a definitive solution for the RAM leakage and CPU usage problems (short of turning to an alternative OS)? Is there any word as to whether Microsoft will address these problems soon?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

FlatPicker, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Gadget App

Hello,

To assist you further, please provide us the following information:

• What is the current OS build installed?
    • Are you referring to Microsoft Gadgets app?
    • Is the application up to date?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 4, 2020
  4. CPU/RAM usage gadget/app??

Is there a CPU Meter app for Windows 10 similar to the CPU Meter gadget for Windows 7?

Hi,

An application that's similar to the CPU Meter gadget offered in Windows 7 is helpful in quick checking your CPU usage. As of the moment, the only way you can monitor your CPU usage is by utilizing the Task Manager. Task manager reports
    broad information about processes and memory of your running applications.

We encourage you to share your suggestions with us by sending a feedback. You can do so by typing
    Windows Feedback in Cortana, the search box on the task bar. You can also check if somebody else has already offered the same suggestion. You can vote for it or leave a comment.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

CPU/RAM usage gadget/app??

1. CPU/RAM usage gadget/app?? - Similar Threads - CPU RAM usage

2. Laptop CPU and RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop CPU and RAM usage: Hi, My laptop is very slow. I cleared all unwanted cache and cookies and then my laptop got a lot better. One thing I noticed is that when I open up task manager, 41% of my ram is constanly being used of my total of 6gb. is this normal? Same thing for my CPU it is...
  3. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  4. High cpu and ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High cpu and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/nika105 [link] [comments]...
  5. High CPU and ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and ram usage: pc lags and my cpu usage is on 90 precent while just watching youtube vids when i open task manager it slowly drops down when i close it it happens again wtf is going on can anyone help me? submitted by /u/N_1_K_A [link] [comments]...
  6. Ridiculously high CPU and RAM usage

Ridiculously high CPU and RAM usage: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 510 AST which I upgraded to 8gb RAM since the 4gb it was packaged with was defective. Anyway the laptop worked fine until the last few weeks. There were soms issues with Windows updates messing with come drivers mostly AMD which I fixed myself. However...
  7. CPU/RAM usage gadget/app??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU/RAM usage gadget/app??: Circumstances are forcing me to switch my gaming PC (there's just one 'game' (?!) on it - X-Plane 11) to Windows 10, as the latest Vulkan XP update will not now support the sim running on Windows 7. Well, so be it, if I really must move on (still love Win7 best of all); one...
  8. Cpu and Ram Usage Problem

Cpu and Ram Usage Problem: Good Day Microsoft, Last time i upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 but the problem is getting start slow down and sometimes the cpu and ram usage always labels in 50 above, unlike windows 7 it consumes small amount of usage of the ram and cpu But i'm so confused within label...
  9. CPU and RAM usage getting higher

CPU and RAM usage getting higher: Hi currently I have windows 10 pro build 1809. For some time I been noticed that the CPU and RAM usage getting way higher than usual, but in the earlier version of this (1803) did not have this bug. Please help me out. System Specification Windows 10 pro 1809 8 GB DDR4...
  10. the photo app with huge ram and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the photo app with huge ram and cpu usage: If I don't close the photo app for a while it may occur dramatically large ram usage (can goes to 3~4GB) and also the CPU usage is large which make computer frozen for seconds. After kill the photo app process everything back to normal. I tried to open the file location in...