Windows 10: Cpu replacement

Discus and support Cpu replacement in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell e5520 i3 laptop.8 gig ram(max) Q can i just upgrade the i3 to an i5 or i7 cpu without any other components i.e just swap the CPU?.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by toppergraph, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Cpu replacement

I have a Dell e5520 i3 laptop.8 gig ram(max)
    Q can i just upgrade the i3 to an i5 or i7 cpu without any other components i.e just swap the CPU?.
    regards topper.
    Win 10 insider latest update as of 21/2/2020

:)

toppergraph, Feb 22, 2020
  2. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Feb 22, 2020
  3. cpu upgrade - w10 wont boot

Replacing disks is no problem.

In my experience, replacing motherboards almost always results in crashes.

You could run this experiment:

• Create an image of your System partition. Store in on an external USB disk.
    • Insert the new CPU.
    • Install Windows. I bet that it will work flawlessly.
    • Restore the image you created in Step 1.

Frederik Long, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Cpu replacement

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Cpu replacement

1. Cpu replacement - Similar Threads - Cpu replacement

2. Please help!! I just replaced my cpu cooler with a id cooling frost flow and now my pc wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help!! I just replaced my cpu cooler with a id cooling frost flow and now my pc wont...: I just replaced my cpu cooler with a id cooling frost flow and now my pc wont boot please help also yes i did take pictures too before i did anything to see it where the wires went i think im doing the fans setup wrong and i dont want to spend 200$ to fix my pc so someone...
  3. Please help!! I just replaced my cpu cooler with a id cooling frost flow and now my pc wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help!! I just replaced my cpu cooler with a id cooling frost flow and now my pc wont...: I just replaced my cpu cooler with a id cooling frost flow and now my pc wont boot please help also yes i did take pictures too before i did anything to see it where the wires went i think im doing the fans setup wrong and i dont want to spend 200$ to fix my pc so someone...
  4. Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement: Hello all,I am having an issue accessing my family's network drive after upgrading my motherboard and CPU recently. I have struggled for the past month trying to access the network drive since upgrading. When trying to connect to the network drive it gives me a network error...
  5. Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement

Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement: Hello all,I am having an issue accessing my family's network drive after upgrading my motherboard and CPU recently. I have struggled for the past month trying to access the network drive since upgrading. When trying to connect to the network drive it gives me a network error...
  6. Unable to access network drive after motherboard and cpu replacement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  8. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  9. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....
  10. I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....

I will be upgrading my computer for Christmas replacing the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM....: For Christmas I will be upgrading the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. Will I need to purchase another license for Windows 11 after the upgrade because the system will be with new parts....