Windows 10: CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update!

Discus and support CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The weird thing is that when I open the task manager window, the CPU usage goes lower. And when I close it, It rise again to 100%!! Should I go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eddamoun, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Eddamoun Win User

CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update!

The weird thing is that when I open the task manager window, the CPU usage goes lower. And when I close it, It rise again to 100%!!

Should I go back to the previous version? Or what exactly should I do?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Eddamoun, Oct 10, 2018

2. CPU 100%

Ive recently updated my windows 10 home edition after three months because it broke and i had it repaired but when i updated the windows it glitched out of the login screen everytime so i had reset the windows/reinstalled it. Now it is running on a 100%
    CPU. I only have one user account and it says that its onlyy running 30-35 % cpu in the user but 100% in the whole computer

zivanvan eck, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Calendar is utilizing 100% CPU usgae on PC running Windows 10.

Hi Frost,

Thank you responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to install the latest pending updates on your device.

Follow:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2018
  4. CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update!

100% CPU Usage after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Most of the time, computers only use a small fraction of their CPU power. In fact, many computers use less than 5% of their CPU most of the time. When you open an application, play a video game, or encode media file, the CPU usage will rise or spike temporarily.
    Once the CPU intensive process completes, the CPU usage should once again drop down to lower level. Most applications will not use up more than 50% of your CPU for an extended period of time. However, some programs and system processes can use up a large amount
    of CPU without you even knowing it. This may happen if a program gets stuck in an infinite loop or encounters an unexpected error.

I suggest you to perform Safe mode and Clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform Clean boot on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
      • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
      • Select the top most search result.
    Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update!

1. CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update! - Similar Threads - CPU running 100%

2. After Windows Update CPU is 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update CPU is 100%: Hello, after the newest update i have cpu on 100%. Any app i use has lots of cpu usage. For some reason windows manager has like 30% and it constantly go up or down....
  3. After Windows Update CPU is 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Update CPU is 100%: Hello, after the newest update i have cpu on 100%. Any app i use has lots of cpu usage. For some reason windows manager has like 30% and it constantly go up or down....
  4. Laptop running at 100% **** and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running at 100% **** and CPU: Over the last couple of months my laptop have increasingly started being more sluggish on start-up, opening simple programmes and even when idling with no programmes opened by myself. Some days it maxes out the CPU others the disk but I would say it will usually max out the...
  5. CPU running at 100%

CPU running at 100%: Hello, my cpu is running all the time at 100%, there's the System process that is always the process that uses the CPU the most, and I don't understand why this happens. I tried disabling a feature from Win10 that I first thougt was causing this problem, following a tutorial...
  6. CPU @ 100% after update

in Cortana
    CPU @ 100% after update: Just updated this machine to the latest windows 10 1903? Now the CPU runs at close to 100% on Idle. Had the same on another desktop at home and was resolved by removing the latest "quality" update. Is this a know issue?...
  7. CPU USAGE 100% After update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  8. My CPU is running at 100%

My CPU is running at 100%: I have a Dell 3655 (AMD win 8 originally with 8 GB RAM) Desktop Then I upgraded to win 10 home and 16 GM RAM, up to date well, My cpu is running at 100% all the time, I checked some process already and I got this: Service Host Local System (2) CPU (94.3%)...
  9. 100%disk after last update

100%disk after last update: my computer is stuck at 100% disk after the last update i already done everything I can done to solve it (disabled superfatch, windows search, everything) but it is still at 100% i tried also this:...
  10. Windows update runs 100% of time at 99% CPU

Windows update runs 100% of time at 99% CPU: 5 minutes after I successfully complete a manual Windows update run, and after setting the 30-day pause option to "on", Windows Update (wauserv) re-starts spontaneously and runs at 99% of CPU literally forever. It's been like this since I installed Windows 10 last April and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu running at 100% after windows update

2. windows cpu idles at 100%

3. windows update running at 100