Windows 10: CPU running at 100% after update to Win 10 build 1909

Discus and support CPU running at 100% after update to Win 10 build 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After updating to Win 10 build 1909 my CPU is nearly always running at 100%. My laptop is a Sony VAIO SVF1531C5e, with an Intel Core i5-4200U... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yorkyuk, Jun 21, 2020.

1. yorkyuk Win User

CPU running at 100% after update to Win 10 build 1909

Hi,

After updating to Win 10 build 1909 my CPU is nearly always running at 100%.

My laptop is a Sony VAIO SVF1531C5e, with an Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz.

When I look in Task Manager nothing seems to be massively hogging the CPU and the programs running don't add up to 100% either.

Any ideas on how to fix as my Laptop was running OK before the update?

Regards,

Andy.

:)

yorkyuk, Jun 21, 2020
  2. dcobb013 Win User

Win 10 BSOD after reducing number of CPUs

• Win 10 x64 running in VMware Fusion VM on MacBook Pro w/ 6 physical cores & HT.
    • When VM is configured with 5+ CPUs, Windows runs fine.
    • When VM is configured with 4 or fewer, BSOD INVALID SYSTEM CONFIG INFO
      • WINLOAD.EFI missing or corrupted
      • Attempt to repair using ISO image fails
    OS X 10.15.4, VMware Fusion Pro 11.5.3

Win 10 Enterprise

Version 1703

Build 15063.2108

Any suggestions appreciated, as I need to move this VM to another HW config with fewer physical CPUs.

Thanks!

dcobb013, Jun 21, 2020
  3. My CPU is running at 100%

I have a Dell 3655 (AMD win 8 originally with 8 GB RAM) Desktop

Then I upgraded to win 10 home and 16 GM RAM, up to date

well, My cpu is running at 100% all the time, I checked some process already and I got this:

Service Host Local System (2) CPU (94.3%) Memory (22%) Disk(0%) Network (0%) GPU (0%)

Updater Ochestrator Service

Windows Update

I stopped these services, CPU is relieved at 20-30% but after some time or re start these services come back

and have the same problem.

I removed the Chrome Software Reporter Tool (disabled)

When I see in the Task Manager I see the Google Chrome service with 34 other chrome processes under it. But only three or two have 4 or 6 % in CPU usage, but you can see a loooong list.

I have the screens of these events.

I need some help guys, this thing is making me crazy. Thank you in advance.

Mikelodeon72, Jun 21, 2020
  4. CPU running at 100% after update to Win 10 build 1909

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

CPU running at 100% after update to Win 10 build 1909

1. CPU running at 100% after update to Win 10 build 1909 - Similar Threads - CPU running 100%

2. After Windows Update CPU is 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update CPU is 100%: Hello, after the newest update i have cpu on 100%. Any app i use has lots of cpu usage. For some reason windows manager has like 30% and it constantly go up or down....
  3. Laptop running at 100% **** and CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running at 100% **** and CPU: Over the last couple of months my laptop have increasingly started being more sluggish on start-up, opening simple programmes and even when idling with no programmes opened by myself. Some days it maxes out the CPU others the disk but I would say it will usually max out the...
  4. CPU running at 100%

CPU running at 100%: Hello, my cpu is running all the time at 100%, there's the System process that is always the process that uses the CPU the most, and I don't understand why this happens. I tried disabling a feature from Win10 that I first thougt was causing this problem, following a tutorial...
  5. BSOD after updating to 1909 build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after updating to 1909 build: Hi All, I recently updated my OS to 1909 build, after that I constantly get BSOD several times per day. Below you can see the link with the dumps and msinfo file. Hope this will be helpful for further troubleshooting of this issue as I'm not the only affected user....
  6. CPU @ 100% after update

in Cortana
    CPU @ 100% after update: Just updated this machine to the latest windows 10 1903? Now the CPU runs at close to 100% on Idle. Had the same on another desktop at home and was resolved by removing the latest "quality" update. Is this a know issue?...
  7. CPU USAGE 100% After update

CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  8. My CPU is running at 100%

My CPU is running at 100%: I have a Dell 3655 (AMD win 8 originally with 8 GB RAM) Desktop Then I upgraded to win 10 home and 16 GM RAM, up to date well, My cpu is running at 100% all the time, I checked some process already and I got this: Service Host Local System (2) CPU (94.3%)...
  9. CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update!

CPU running at 100% after the last Windows update!: The weird thing is that when I open the task manager window, the CPU usage goes lower. And when I close it, It rise again to 100%!! Should I go back to the previous version? Or what exactly should I do? Thanks in advance....
  10. CPU goes up to 100% after updating to Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU goes up to 100% after updating to Win 10: Hi guys, Would appreciate any help at all. Thank you very much. After updating to Win 10 recently, I realized that I was lagging everytime I run some games. Even exiting them, it would still continue to mess up my CPU with heavy usage. With 16GB of ram this shouldn't...