Windows 10: CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

Discus and support CPU Running High Freq... Constantly?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installing 10, my CPU seems to be running ~130% frequency continuously. This isn't necessarily awful, but it is running my temps ~18°C higher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kbronski, Aug 4, 2015.

1. kbronski Win User

CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

Since installing 10, my CPU seems to be running ~130% frequency continuously. This isn't necessarily awful, but it is running my temps ~18°C higher than idle should be (mid 50s vs high 30s). Checked power options, all is as it should be. CPU utilization is around 2% at idle.

Thoughts?

:)

kbronski, Aug 4, 2015

2. Overclocking for Devices in Hot Climates !

Original frqz are 250 , 500 , 550 , 600.

Min 250Mhz

Max 600Mhz

Cpu automatically change the freq when it needed.

Eg - when running a emulator (games) cpu uses 500Mhz, 550Mhz or 600Mhz and when in idle(without so many widgets,) it uses 250Mhz..

So when you're overclocking to 900Mhz, it means your max cpu freq become 900Mhz!

:smileyvery-happy:Click the star if this helps you:smileyvery-happy:

virajx3006, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Wrong CPU reported?

The CPU Freq reading is normal as the CPU frequency Steps depending on the load

If you install Conky, you can see on there the frequency stepping up and down depending on what the handset is doing.

foxmeister---01, Aug 4, 2015
  4. CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

Are you in the insider program ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 4, 2015
  5. If you are, go to the feedback section > Categories > Power and Battery > Overheating.

You will see lot's of complaint's like yours. High CPU usage, fan's running on high and battery draining at a fast rate.

My lappy is also doing some of this.

Hopefully M$ will come out with a update for this.

6. kbronski Win User
    Not sure what the insider program is. The CPU usage itself isn't high; it's just running high freq all the time. Again, I don't mind so much but it's just another annoyance on top of my laggy boot.

Hopefully... Hopefully...

kbronski, Aug 4, 2015
  7. I looked again in the insider program and some said Edge was causing problem's also.
    Are you using Edge at all ?

8. badrobot Win User

What CPU and motherboard is that? Turbo was probably enabled after the upgrade ( if it applies to your system).

badrobot, Aug 4, 2015
  9. kbronski Win User
    Nah. The only native app I've tried is Groove, but I didn't care for it.

See system specs in signature.

kbronski, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CPU Running High Freq... Constantly?? - Similar Threads - CPU Running High

2. Windows Processes Running Abnormally High CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Processes Running Abnormally High CPU: Good morning.I've noticed recently that, even after wiping my hard drive, many Windows default processes are running with abnormally high CPU usage. Programs such as Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation WADGI, since I'll be using it a lot, Antimalware Service Executable, Dism...
  3. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  4. Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high: I'm having a problem with my Alienware laptop where the fan is constantly running near top speed. I've checked the Task Manager, and this happens even when my machine is using less than 10% of the CPU. I've tried contacting Dell tech support, but they were completely...
  5. System Restore CPU is constantly high

System Restore CPU is constantly high: Hello, I have a i7 core 4 processor with 256 gb and 12gb of RAM. I have recently did a System Restore on my PC because of an error going on. However after the PC has been restored it was sitting around 100% CPU and I noticed it getting slow on some tasks now. I now have...
  6. High CPU usage when running OneDrive

High CPU usage when running OneDrive: I am running OneDrive both for a work account, and personal account. Frequently almost all the time OneDrive is running it causes my machine to hit 100% CPU usage with Windows Explorer.exe taking about 2/3rds of that. Here is a screenshot of Process Explorer, with CPU...
  7. smartscreen.exe high CPU usage running for hours

smartscreen.exe high CPU usage running for hours: Hello: I've run into this a couple times over the last several months. Windows Defender SmartScreen is running continuously for hours, and contributing to overheating my laptop when I use other CPU intensive programs (3D drawing). Reading about smartscreen.exe, it appears...
  8. Makecab.exe running at startup & consuming high CPU

in Windows 10 News
    Makecab.exe running at startup & consuming high CPU: [ATTACH] At times the makecab.exe process causes high CPU usage in a system and slows it down. Users have reported that the Process Monitor shows multiple instances of the makecab.exe process. So, what is the makecab.exe process that is running on [...] This post Makecab.exe...
  9. CPU seems to be running high this morning

CPU seems to be running high this morning: Win 10 Pro x64 1709 desktop, i7-4790K, 32 GB ram, plenty of SSD/HDD. For the first time in memory, there's a blue circle constantly running alongside the mouse cursor this morning, which got me to check CPU usage. After three reboots, warm and cold, CPU is still running in...
  10. Extremely high constant CPU usage

Extremely high constant CPU usage: So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range. For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System...