Windows 10: CPU Speed Problem

Discus and support CPU Speed Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have a problem in my computer, when i play a game for 10-30mins the CPU speed jumps from 1.99Ghz to 0.70Ghz-1.20Ghz this only happens in games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohammad_485, Dec 4, 2020.

1. CPU Speed Problem

i have a problem in my computer,

when i play a game for 10-30mins

the CPU speed jumps from 1.99Ghz to 0.70Ghz-1.20Ghz

this only happens in games

and I Tried a lot of stuff to fix this problem, and none worked,

so I hope to find a solution for it.

:)

Mohammad_485, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 4, 2020
  3. tripleG Win User
    CPU speed much lower than base speed

My computer has been slow for quite a while now even while performing basic tasks such as web browsing (to the point where simply typing into a search bar can take several seconds before the computer shows me that I've typed anything) and I've finally gotten around to trying to search for a solution. I noticed that the speed listed on the performance tab of task manager is significantly lower than the base speed listed there (0.78GHz vs 2.59GHz) See here I suspect that this may be largely what is causing my problems.

I have tried the following things to bring this speed closer to my base speed:

• Moving the power management slider to "Best performance" See here
    • Increased the minimum processor state when plugged in to 100% See here
    • Turned off Speedstep in my Bios (which is described in the BIOS as forcing my CPU into its maximum performance mode
    • Turned off C-states in my BIOS which is described in the BIOS as allowing the processor to be put in other performance modes

Notably I have been trying the fixes recommended in this thread: Maximum Processor Speed Lower Than It Should Be

Any advice on steps I can take short of reinstalling Windows is greatly appreciated!

System details:
    Dell Latitude E7450
    Intel Core i5-4310U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.59GHz
    8.00GB RAM
    64-bit OS and processor

tripleG, Dec 4, 2020
  4. JaYp146 Win User

CPU Speed Problem

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

CPU Speed Problem

1. CPU Speed Problem - Similar Threads - CPU Speed Problem

2. CPU speed test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU speed test: What is a fairly safe CPU speed test program to use? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-speed-test/574591c7-f2bd-4641-a959-e7dd508a8664
  3. CPU speed test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU speed test: What is a fairly safe CPU speed test program to use? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-speed-test/574591c7-f2bd-4641-a959-e7dd508a8664
  4. cpu speeds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu speeds: I have an IntelR CoreTM i3-7130U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz on a dell laptop. my wife has a dell with amd a6-9225 radeon r4,5 compute cores 2c +3g 2.60 ghz. should they be about the same speed. her laptop is much slower....
  5. CPU speed and memory speed match?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU speed and memory speed match?: Would upgrading to a faster DDR4 increase the speed of processing? CPU: Intel(R) Coffee Lake Pentium(R) Gold G5600 CPU @ 3.90GHz Motherboard: ASRock B360 Pro4 Socket 1151 Memory: 16GB DDR4 KHX2400C 171798
  6. CPU Clock Speed Problems

CPU Clock Speed Problems: Hi All, Basically I have been having this issue for the past month and a half. I have a Intel i7-9750h and for some reason my CPU's clock speed seems to be at around 4GHz when idle, but then goes down when you launch any game. I have been using either task manager and CPU-Z...
  7. Cpu Speed

Cpu Speed: Hi everyone, I recently installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my laptop, along with wiping my hard drive. Something I've notice however is that shortly after starting up, my CPU speed drops from around 3.50 ghz all the way down to 0.39 ghz, where it never fluctuates,...
  8. CPU speed

CPU speed: How do I reduce my cpu speed from 100% to 65% to stop random freezing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-speed/7e4c5137-0a24-4fd7-962d-d6180319a97e
  9. task manager cpu speed

task manager cpu speed: Just this past month my cpu speed is down to around 1.5GHz but it used to be around 2.5GHz. My computer is also slower. Does anyone know why this is and how to solve this issue? 62782
  10. CPU Speed Locked

CPU Speed Locked: Hello all, I have had something really odd going on for a while now that I have never seen or heard of before. This started back when I was running Windows 8.1, so it isnt new to the Windows 10 installation. Every now and then my laptop will get really slow. When I look at...