Windows 10: Cpu Spike after Windows Update

Discus and support Cpu Spike after Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I got a Lenovo ideapad Flex 15D. I am currently having a problem so several have surely already encountered. They call it a lagging mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxpage15, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Cpu Spike after Windows Update

Hi everyone, I got a Lenovo ideapad Flex 15D. I am currently having a problem so several have surely already encountered. They call it a lagging mouse problem but in fact when we look at the task manager we see that the processor is having latency problems. Every 2 to 3 seconds, cpu spike. There was a solution i found ( soundcard drivers problem ) so I tried to install new drivers for the sound card delete the file fmapp.exe, moreover, fmapp.exe did not appear in the task manager. When I format the computer, everything is fine, when the updates been installed, problem comes back. I disabled the sound card, deleted the fmapp files from the computer and even put in the latest drivers from Realtek. I cant find any later bios update. do not know what to do now. I need a miracle haha. ( Model 20334, MFG date 2013/11/21, bios version Lenovo 94cn05ww ( 2013-10-14 ) , Version SMBios 2.7 )

I tried Linux mint and it works very well, so problem really came with some of the srivers update, but wich one ...

Thank you !

submitted by /u/maxpage15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxpage15, Mar 23, 2021

2. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Mar 23, 2021
  3. CPU spiking to 100% in windows 10

I am having a similar problem. Every 60 seconds the CPU usage spikes due to Windows Explorer. The system freezes for a few seconds and then continues. Sometimes windows close.

I have started in Safe Mode and also a Clean Boot but the problem persists. I tried the system maintenance, as suggested, with no luck. I'm not sure what else to try.

LarryEhnert, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Cpu Spike after Windows Update

Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I tried all your suggestions, but nothing helped.

Clean bot seems helped at first but no after some hours spikes came back and now spiking more often with every hour of PC working.

Same happened also without clean boot.

Any other suggestions what to try ?

Just to let you know that I worked with Win 7 before with even more programs installed than now and I did not switched off my PC for weeks and CPU usage was lower in general not to talk about any spikes in CPU, newer noticed anything like that...

Thanks

DanielRamirezz, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Cpu Spike after Windows Update

1. Cpu Spike after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Cpu Spike Update

2. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  3. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  4. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU spiking then dropping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU spiking then dropping: I have a PC for gaming,Core i7 10700KRTX 3060 Ti 16GB RAM1x 4TB HDD2x 1TB M.2My CPU has this weird trend I've noticed recently which I think has been a cause of my games freezing usuallyI'm not sure whether this is a virus or not, but whenever I look through Process Hacker,...
  6. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  7. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  8. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. CPU Spike after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Spike after Windows Update: Hi everyone, I got a Lenovo ideapad Flex 15D. I am currently having a problem so several have surely already encountered. Some of them call it a lagging mouse problem but in fact when i look to the task manager, i see that the processor is having latency problems. Every 2 to...
  10. After 1903 update: CPU spikes and noisy fan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1903 update: CPU spikes and noisy fan: Hi, after installing the 1903 update the fan of my PC gets loud while using common programs (even while browsing simple text websites). Checking via task manager shows high CPU peaks... this didn't happend before the update, even the fan was only hearable while doing...