Windows 10: CPU Spikes and PC Lag

Discus and support CPU Spikes and PC Lag in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my PC is running normally without any lag spikes in Videos, Games, and everything UNTIL I open up World of Warcraft, then the lag spikes return.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raingi, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Raingi Win User

CPU Spikes and PC Lag

So my PC is running normally without any lag spikes in Videos, Games, and everything UNTIL I open up World of Warcraft, then the lag spikes return.

Would anyone have a clue about what causes this ?

Raingi, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Raingi Win User

Hello there everyone, I am writing here in hope of getting some help finding fixing my PC.

My Problem :
    - PC Is getting random lag spikes ca. every 10 seconds that last up to 0.5 second each.
    - My CPU usage will spike when this happens. Please check these pictures as an example. (Screenshot - 40fc837a6a9c987962cd5e2cdd1a8be5 - Gyazo, and Screenshot - 185b7af6fe1ead1c4ed4a36f9cd0737e - Gyazo ).
    - This happens when i'm browsing the internet, watching a youtube video, or a livestream, even as I'm writing this text, I am getting lag spikes, and also when playing game.

My PC Specs -
    - Windows 10 Home. Build 16299.371. Version 1709.
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Driver version 397.31.
    - ASUS Prime Z270-K Motherboard.
    - Intel Core i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50 GHz

Does anyone have any solutions that might fix the problem ? Or is it even my CPU there's something wrong with, or is it my hard drives that are corrupt ?

:)

Raingi, Apr 25, 2018
  3. services.exe CPU spikes caused by pc suite update

I have windows 2000 SP4 (yes, i know i need to upgrade). I recently got the update to PC Suite. I now have version 6.86.9.0

every minute or two, task manager shows a CPU spike to 100% that lasts about 3 seconds. the task is services.exe

naturally i started stopping services until the intermittent spikes stopped. the culprit? a service called 'ServiceLayer', which runs the NclUSBSrv.exe and NclRSSrv.exe processes.

as soon as i stopped it, the CPU lag spikes go away. after about an hour, it seemed to run fine, then i opened up nokia pc suite, it started the service again, and the CPU lag spikes came back.

obviously nokia processes are causing some problems, and it has something to do with a change in the last update.

nokia, can you please look into this or tell me how to fix?

thx.

Message Edited by nellweems on 17-Apr-2008 08:17 AM

nellweems---01, Apr 25, 2018
  4. peterlism Win User

CPU Spikes and PC Lag

ntoskrnl.exe causing high cpu usage

Hi!

My PC sometimes get lag spikes because of ntoskrnl.exe is causing much of my CPU.

It sometimes spikes to about 20-90 % and it happens randomly. Not just playing games, but also when doing nothing in Windows.

It stays like this for a second or so and goes back Down to below 1 %.

I have tried to format my pc and update my drivers, but nothing seems to work.

peterlism, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Hi and Welcome!

You are running the latest drivers for your system? What are the system temperatures?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 26, 2018
  6. Raingi Win User
    Hey Masterchiefxx17,

I used to have "Driver Genius" to update my drivers, so i thought that all my drivers were up to date, but after making this post i installed "Driver Booster 5", and it updated 10 drivers that were from 2017, I haven't used it so much afterwards because it was late, and right now it's early morning, but I will keep on testing and see if i still get lags. Until now it seems fine tho.

Raingi, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

CPU Spikes and PC Lag

1. CPU Spikes and PC Lag - Similar Threads - CPU Spikes Lag

2. Bad lag spikes on pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad lag spikes on pc.: Hello, i get very bad lag spikes on my pc and i think it is related to my GPU i have tried cleaning my pc for dust and although i had alot of dust in my pc removing it had little effect on my pc performance, mg GPU and sometimes CPU seems to be getting overloaded i think.This...
  3. Bad lag spikes on pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad lag spikes on pc.: Hello, i get very bad lag spikes on my pc and i think it is related to my GPU i have tried cleaning my pc for dust and although i had alot of dust in my pc removing it had little effect on my pc performance, mg GPU and sometimes CPU seems to be getting overloaded i think.This...
  4. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  5. CPU lag spikes and Fan issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU lag spikes and Fan issues: I have a lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, and everything was fine with my PC until yesterday evening. I didn't download anything, or change any settings, but I started noticing that in EVERY game that I play, my CPU spikes to 100% every 20-30 seconds. When the CPU spikes to 100%, my...
  6. Lag Spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lag Spikes: So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit but I cant always use...
  7. lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lag spikes: i am getting weird lag spikes but when it happens i do a speed test and my results are good but i dont know what is causing this also when it happens there is weird noises too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-spikes/daf4d076-a3a3-4b6a-aff3-bb915b6f0b31
  8. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  9. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Support
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  10. CPU spikes and performance lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU spikes and performance lag: Hi everyone. During the past few days I have a problem regarding my computer performance. Problem: -My computer is getting random performance lags that last 3-5 seconds. -The cpu usage will jump when it happens; anywhere from 50-100%. -Large Ethernet spikes as well....