Windows 10: CPU spikes freeze computer every few seconds caused by "System"

Discus and support CPU spikes freeze computer every few seconds caused by "System" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently my computer has began to freeze every 2-3 seconds. These last for only about a second. They happen when nothing is running. My mouse will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClassicCartev, Nov 28, 2020.

1. CPU spikes freeze computer every few seconds caused by "System"

Hi, recently my computer has began to freeze every 2-3 seconds. These last for only about a second. They happen when nothing is running. My mouse will stop working and the words I type will freeze. While I can live with it, it is very annoying. I have ran anti-virus and it has not helped. After looking in Task Manager and Process Explorer, the culprit is "System". This tells me nothing about what is causing the problem. What should I do?.

:)

ClassicCartev, Nov 28, 2020

2. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Nov 28, 2020
  3. CPU spiking to 100% in windows 10

I am having a similar problem. Every 60 seconds the CPU usage spikes due to Windows Explorer. The system freezes for a few seconds and then continues. Sometimes windows close.

I have started in Safe Mode and also a Clean Boot but the problem persists. I tried the system maintenance, as suggested, with no luck. I'm not sure what else to try.

LarryEhnert, Nov 28, 2020
  4. CPU spikes freeze computer every few seconds caused by "System"

Cpu usage spikes

Hello ! My PC specs are the following:

- AMD Ryzen 1600x CPU

- Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb GPU

- 8 GB DDR4 RAM ( 2400 MHz)

- Asus B350 Prime Plus Motherboard

Sometimes I get those weird spikes ( they come and go ) lasting for 1-2 seconds of 100% CPU utilization. In idle state the CPU utilization stays between 5-10% ( up to 20% if im browsing the internet and having programs like Steam, Discord etc running in
    background), but when the spike comes I can see how the pc freezes for 1 second ( typical lag freeze) and how the cpu utilization rizes to 100% CPU then jumps back down to under 20%. I have waited with taskmanager such a spike and discovered that when it happens,
    System NT Kernel & System is the one process that its sudently eating up all the CPU resources.

I tried updating all the drivers and im still having the problem. Here is a Windows Performance Record

link
    where I left the pc running for 45 minutes and I saw atleast 1 spike happening in those 45 minutes ( I kept going away from the computer and coming back).

CatalinIancu, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

CPU spikes freeze computer every few seconds caused by "System"

1. CPU spikes freeze computer every few seconds caused by "System" - Similar Threads - CPU spikes freeze

2. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  3. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  4. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi ping spikes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi ping spikes every few seconds: Hello,Recently I got a new laptop,all seemed fine until I decided to go play some games on it, I was having major ping spikes every few seconds and it really sucks. when I ping my router /google in both cases I get spikes that go up to around 2000-3000ms occurs once then goes...
  6. Runtime Broker.exe is spiking my CPU usage to 85% every few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker.exe is spiking my CPU usage to 85% every few seconds: First post was removed - not sure why. It's flaired now. Just dealt with a safeboot loop with my Windows system and had to do a fresh install to get out of it. Now there's a windows exe called Runtime Broker that is spiking my CPU usage from 4% to 85% every few seconds. I...
  7. My computer freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer freezes every few seconds: My computer freezes every few seconds, and i don't know solution how to fix it. Has it ever happend to someone, and do you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds/09e64bf0-1871-48e9-a59b-cf3044ee7e52
  8. Machine freezes for a few seconds, spike in Network traffic

in Windows 10 Support
    Machine freezes for a few seconds, spike in Network traffic: Hello, My Dell 5675 w Ryzen 7 sometimes freezes for a few seconds. Shortly before it resumes, the fan starts cranking up. There are no events in the Event Viewer, when I open the Task Manager I see no spike in Memory or CPU activity, but in Ethernet activity. Hope someone...
  9. Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 freezes every few seconds.: Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-freezes-every-few-seconds/51d9b5b3-15b6-452f-b2ae-39675bac96cc
  10. system is microstuttering every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system is microstuttering every few seconds: I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu spikes every few seconds and crashea