Windows 10: CPU Spikes - System Interrupts?

Discus and support CPU Spikes - System Interrupts? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently i've started seeing a little spike in the CPU temperature. Nothing seems to be eating the CPu when looking at task manager. I have however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaybee360, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Jaybee360 Win User

CPU Spikes - System Interrupts?

Recently i've started seeing a little spike in the CPU temperature. Nothing seems to be eating the CPu when looking at task manager. I have however noticed that System Interrupts seems to be there then quickly disappears.

I stumbled accross this thread here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/e3d6d679-c8df-4fd7-9065-db9a084630d5?page=1

I ran the same tool and it shows the following:

CPU Spikes - System Interrupts? 6d20bf72-f8b7-4d0d-a110-73d49bd7ad81?upload=true.jpg

My drivers are a few revisions behind as they're apparently thebest for game performance. I'll look at updating these though.

System Specs

Ryzen 3600

Aorus X570 Elite

Gigabyte 2070 Super

All drivers except the GPU are up to date. Windows is fully up to date too 1909

:)

Jaybee360, Jun 6, 2020

2. System Interrupts Spiking and locks up the PC on Windows 10.

Thanks you for the suggestions Likhitha!

We ran each of the steps recommended and the System Interrupts is still spiking every 3 to 4 minutes. This installation of Windows was originally installed on a different motherboard, but due to a defect, the motherboard was replaced. Don't know if that
    may have a bearing on this issue. Appreciate any other feedback that may be available. This version of Windows ran perfectly for several months with the new motherboard and the problem is a very recent occurrence.

CedarParkDave, Jun 6, 2020
  3. DannyBail Win User
    CPU spikes 'System and compressed memory'

Hi,

I've recently been having issues with cpu usage spiking up to 90-100% every 1-2 mins, causing display and audio stuttering, and, in some cases, input lag. After watching the task manager, the issue sees to be caused by simultaneous spikes from 'System and
    compressed memory', 'System interrupts' and 'Service Host: Local Service (No Impersonation)'. I have run a malware scan with no results. I am using an HP Envy with AMD A10-5750M APU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

DannyBail, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Taylor G. Win User

Excessive System Interrupts CPU Time

Hello,

I've been having a slight problem with high system interrupt CPU usage for a while now. I have a basic idea of what they are and what they are there for (and, by extension, it's not just some background program I can kill). I recall reading somewhere that
    a "healthy" CPU consumption by system interrupts should be somewhere around 0-2%, with maybe occasional spikes around 5%. However, I found (with handy-dandy Task Manager and Resource Monitor) that my system interrupts can end up clocking in anywhere around
    20-40% CPU usage (relatively steady, not just spikes), particularly while playing games.

I used LatencyMon to try and determine which files/drivers might be causing issues, and I've seen 4 come up:

• dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation
    • nvlddnkn.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 442.59 , NVIDIA Corporation
    • HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation
    • USBPORT.sys - USB 1.2 _2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

I've tried checking all of my drivers, but as far as I can tell all of my drivers are up to date. I reinstalled my graphics driver twice (once via GeForce Experience and once manually). I also tried unplugged all of my USB devices (including my WiFi adapter,
    mouse, and keyboard). No luck with any of these though.

I tried searching for a new chipset driver, but I've been having issues finding one for my system (Dell OptiPlex 755 mini-tower).

Any help addressing and potentially fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (4-core 2.87GHz)

GPU: Gigabyte GT 1030 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 8GB DDR2 (4x2GB)

HDD: WD10EZEX 1TB

PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W

MB: OptiPlex 755 OEM

Taylor G., Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU Spikes - System Interrupts? - Similar Threads - CPU Spikes System

2. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  3. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  4. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  6. System Interrupts 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  7. System Interrupts 100% CPU

8. System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage

System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage: Same problem, new clean installation is not helping and Malwarebytes is not finding anything. When I open task manager it shows System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage and then disappears. If l leave open task manager then System Interrupts does not come up. I noticed this 100% cuz...
  9. System interrupts CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts CPU usage: Hey guys, i’ve recently stumbled across another problem with my laptop. Whenever i attach a monitor, it becomes extremely slow, and when i check my task manager, it says something called “system interrupts” is taking 80 to 100% of my CPU. Anybody know any solution? I’ve tried...
  10. System interrupts 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/