Windows 10: cpu stuck at 100%

Discus and support cpu stuck at 100% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello. i just did a fresh installation of windows 10 pro x64. all devices in device manager were recognized and installed automatically. i open task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pyraylos, Sep 30, 2016.

1. pyraylos Win User

cpu stuck at 100%

hello. i just did a fresh installation of windows 10 pro x64. all devices in device manager were recognized and installed automatically. i open task manager and notice that the cpu is stuck at 100%. i reboot to safe mode and the cpu is normal. any help?

:)

pyraylos, Sep 30, 2016
  2. Ken Blake Win User

CPU usage is stuck at 100%

I can't be sure, of course, but my guess is that you are infected with malware.

Ken Blake, Sep 30, 2016
  3. WaritC Win User
    CPU usage is stuck at 100%

I only noticed this issue since approx. 8 hours ago. However, I do not know if this was occurring earlier but I do know it didn't occur last month (so, a recent issue).

The most significant hardware change would have to be my home changing internet providers, with a new router and other things I may not know about.

For software, there hasn't been significant changes, unless some update caused the issue earlier and I had been ignorant of it. The most recent update was on Jan. 5th: "2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892)"

WaritC, Sep 30, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

cpu stuck at 100%

simrick, Sep 30, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    The same thing happened to me after a clean installation on a laptop. It was AMD graphic card driver. I checked it by using Process Explorer. Unfortunately I was not able to find a working AMD driver. Haven't tried the AU on it yet though.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  6. pyraylos Win User
    simrick I followed part one of the clean boot guide and the cpu is still stuck at 100%, so there's no point going to part two of the guide. when I boot at safe mode though the cpu gets back to normal. any help?

pyraylos, Oct 1, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Sounds like a driver issue. Have you checked for updates to everything, including graphics/BIOS/chipset, etc. on your manufacturer's web site? I think Elpusher is right, it's probably some sort of driver, or a program that's running at startup. If you have ASUS AI Suite on there, uninstall it, because it doesn't play nice with W10.

simrick, Oct 1, 2016
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

cpu stuck at 100%

Yep, in my case (where video card driver was the culprit) the issue went away when booting into safe mode.

Check all your drivers as Simrick suggested. Sometimes Windows picks "vanilla" ones that although it may seem that they work, they are not the optimum ones. Start but going to hardware manufacturers pages for them first. If you are stuck, you could try some driver downloader out there (I am lately using Snappy Driver Installer, but proceed with utmost caution and always create a restore point before doing anything. Some other people here recommends DriverEasy. Haven't tested it myself though.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  9. pyraylos Win User
    i have uninstalled graphics, audio and network drivers but no luck. i let autoupdate to install them again but didn't work. i tried to install the manufacturer's ones but still no luck.

pyraylos, Oct 2, 2016
  10. EdTittel Win User
    For a quick, free sanity check on driver status the free Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT; link is from US site MajorGeeks) program does a pretty good job with drivers. You can simply use it to scan installed drivers and see what it reports: you don't have to let it install drivers for you (though I've been messing with it for about three weeks now and it hasn't gotten anything wrong yet, nor any false positives or negatives, either).

HTH
    --Ed--

PS: a "false positive" is telling you a driver needs replacing when it doesn't; a "false negative" is not telling you a driver needs replacing when it does

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

cpu stuck at 100%

1. cpu stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - cpu stuck 100%

2. CPU stuck at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU stuck at 100% usage: HiMy CPU usage is at 100% at all times even when basically no programmes are open. I need help to fix this because I've been getting some freezing here and there when using Chrome and playing games. My Specs are:Intel i5-8600kNVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB DDR58 GB RAM1 x 256 GB...
  3. CPU stuck at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU stuck at 100% usage: HiMy CPU usage is at 100% at all times even when basically no programmes are open. I need help to fix this because I've been getting some freezing here and there when using Chrome and playing games. My Specs are:Intel i5-8600kNVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB DDR58 GB RAM1 x 256 GB...
  4. cpu usage stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu usage stuck at 100%: My CPU usage on task manager is stuck on 100% even after a windows reset and when no programs are running. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some solutions...
  5. cpu usage stuck at 100%

cpu usage stuck at 100%: My CPU usage on task manager is stuck on 100% even after a windows reset and when no programs are running. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some solutions...
  6. cpu usage stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CPU stuck at 100% usage

CPU stuck at 100% usage: My cpu is stuck at 100% all the time for no reason. I have a intel 10700k so I shouldn't be hardware limited at all. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage/cd5f3eb0-daf1-424c-9f84-057cf7d39f1a
  8. CPU stuck at 100% usage

CPU stuck at 100% usage: My cpu is stuck at 100% all the time for no reason. I have a intel 10700k so I shouldn't be hardware limited at all. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage/cd5f3eb0-daf1-424c-9f84-057cf7d39f1a
  9. CPU Usage stuck at 100%

CPU Usage stuck at 100%: Hey, I don't know when it started , but I opened my task manager this morning and was surprised that my CPU usage is at 100% even when I didn't start using my pc. searched on the internet for a couple solutions , but they didn't work for me. I rebooted to safe boot, and...
  10. CPU stuck at 100% by a service

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPU stuck at 100% by a service: [IMG]This service has been slowing down my pc a lot and I cant disable it beacuse its from system 32. If anyone has a solution please help me solve this MY PC Dell latitude E7240 Intel core i7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu stuck on 100