Windows 10: CPU stuck at 1GHz, Utilization >40%

Discus and support CPU stuck at 1GHz, Utilization >40% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently got a sudden performance drop for my PC, I turned on throttlestop and saw it was only running at 1000MHz max. The stats of throttlestop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dyno_, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Dyno_ Win User

CPU stuck at 1GHz, Utilization >40%

I've recently got a sudden performance drop for my PC, I turned on throttlestop and saw it was only running at 1000MHz max. The stats of throttlestop show that my max power is 3.3W and I think that is a problem. The temperature has dropped to <50 degrees on my cpu.

I run on a i5-7200U chip and run on an elitx x2 1012 g2 laptop. Please fix it.

:)

Dyno_, Jun 12, 2020
  2. trigot Win User

CPU won't go above 23% utilization

I have a custom built PC. specs are below. After some recent problems and a full windows reinstall it seems that my CPU won't go above 23% utilization. I have set the power plan to high performance and am using Prime95 to attempt to stress the CPU. When
    I look in the BIOS everything looks correct. The CPU temp is reasonable, it detects the CPU as 3.4ghz. Windows also detects that the model of the CPU is correct and lists it as 3.4ghz in system properties. When viewing the CPU on the performance tab of
    task manager is lists the speed as 0.78 GHz and that number never changes. It's like it's stuck on that number. Any help on how to troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated!

CPU: Core I7-6700 @ 3.4ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H

Bios Version: F22e (latest)

Graphics: Onboard Intel 530

RAM: 16gb DDR4 2133

PSU: 550w

Power plan: High performance

Edit:

Additional Troubleshooting steps:

Reset BIOS to default values - Issue still occurs.

trigot, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows update stuck on 40%

Original title: Windows Update

During performing windows update in Windows 10 Home.Suddenly Internet get disconnected, after that resuming windows update it Stuck on 40% , I Use windows update reset batch file to reset the whole process but after doing this it stuck on "checking the updates"
    step and cannot proceed further. What to do now ?

Anshuman28, Jun 12, 2020
  4. cognus Win User

CPU Util/usage: what is "System Interrupts" process....

while trying to figure why current Goog Chrome eats cpu's, I was surprised to see a generic "System Interrupts" listed in Task Manager in windows 10, constantly munching 40-50% of cpu - with no identity or info shown.....
    what is that? a logging util for feedback? debugger?
    any ideas? it exacerbates the problem I'm chasing with Chrome,, which seems to afflict W7/8/8.1/10 even with a fresh install

cognus, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU stuck at 1GHz, Utilization >40% - Similar Threads - CPU stuck 1GHz

2. Cpu running on lowest GHz speed And stuck on 10% cpu utilization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu running on lowest GHz speed And stuck on 10% cpu utilization: HI. I have a problem with my cpu . My processor is AMD RYZEN 5600G . But, It is running on lowest 0.39 GHz speed and when I try to play a game or run heavy program it always stuck 10% cpu utilization because of it make pc run very slow...
  3. Cpu running on lowest GHz speed And stuck on 10% cpu utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu running on lowest GHz speed And stuck on 10% cpu utilization: HI. I have a problem with my cpu . My processor is AMD RYZEN 5600G . But, It is running on lowest 0.39 GHz speed and when I try to play a game or run heavy program it always stuck 10% cpu utilization because of it make pc run very slow...
  4. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  5. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  6. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  7. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  8. CPU Utilization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%...
  9. CPU only utilizing ≤40% according to Task Manager and Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU only utilizing ≤40% according to Task Manager and Resource Monitor: I have owned this PC for years but recently noticed that at any given time, my CPU will never go over 40% utilization. According to the resource monitor, I am running at 100% maximum frequency, but the problem persists. Attached are screenshots, any solution to uncap this...
  10. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization: The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu stuck at 1ghz