Windows 10: CPU surges spools causing screens to blackout

Discus and support CPU surges spools causing screens to blackout in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer is intermittently spooling up or surging, blacking out and coming back up. Sometimes I have to restart the machine to get tool bars etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WatermarkPros, Aug 19, 2021.

1. CPU surges spools causing screens to blackout

Computer is intermittently spooling up or surging, blacking out and coming back up. Sometimes I have to restart the machine to get tool bars etc. back...Could having two display adapters be an issue?

:)

WatermarkPros, Aug 19, 2021

2. Blackout while installing windows ?

Just clean install my computer yesterday and right in the Finishing Up step after Installing features and updates step done, there is blackout and my computer turn off right in the Finishing up step and back on after 2 minutes and windows continue the installation as usual without problem, until windows successfully installed on my computer. I've been using my computer for couple of hours and nothing problem, everything just fine. But i am worried about the blackout during the installation can cause damage which will happen later because maybe some file not yet installed because blackout.

mikelferdinan, Aug 19, 2021
  3. H A M 985 Win User
    Screen Performs a 'Blackout' When Playing Videogames

So, for the past many months now I've infrequently encountered issues with the display blacking out; which is to say that the screen cuts to black, I hear an error message from Windows, and the computer continues to receive input (with no screen output)
    evinced by sound tones from keystrokes. The only solution is to then restart the computer.

The causes of the blackouts are arbitrarily specific, and are repeatable. I can perform a very specific action in a specific videogame to cause the blackout, which makes the issue avoidable (which explains why I've waited so long to seek support). For example,
    there is a map in an FPS game that takes place in a shopping mall. If I travel to a specific store in the shopping mall, walk to close to a specific spot--all the while looking at it, I get the blackout. This problem has only existed across two games; Destiny
    2, and Escape from Tarkov.

Now, with the problem explained, I have taken steps to troubleshoot it.

To rule possible GPU failure, I performed multiple stress tests--benchmarks--without failure; the results indicated the GPU was functioning optimally. I then reinstalled my display drivers multiple times using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to ensure no
    trace of the driver remained; there was no change from this. I decided to examine Window's Event Viewer, and every instance of a blackout suggested "dwm.exe" was at fault.

I'm not sure what could cause dwm.exe to fail, or what could be done to resolve the failures.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

H A M 985, Aug 19, 2021
  4. CPU surges spools causing screens to blackout

screen blackout

screen blackout frequently

lillian lin, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

CPU surges spools causing screens to blackout

1. CPU surges spools causing screens to blackout - Similar Threads - CPU surges spools

2. Screen Blackout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Blackout: I got a new psu 750W and since then my main monitor (I use two) randomly will go black for like 2 seconds and then come back on. It seems to be at random times so I have no idea
  3. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  4. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  5. Screen blackout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen blackout: Why does my screen blackout when I pause a video? How do I fix t? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blackout/7807522d-f74a-4e9f-8511-a0d2346f02db
  6. screen blackout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen blackout: screen blackout frequently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blackout/7d1d6f19-908c-41bf-bc31-6af21c06c392
  7. SPOOLING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SPOOLING: OFTEN TIMES WHEN I TRY TO OPEN A TAB. IT JUST SPOOLS. HOW CAN I FIX THIS. ALSO WHEN I TRIED TO GO INTO EXPLORER TO LOOK FOR A FIX I GOT THIS ERROR MESSAGE Request Id: cd15cadc-b5df-4ba5-a8e1-12bbda5c0b00 Correlation Id: 5074319e-82ee-4045-bd88-a18d585aebb7 Timestamp:...
  8. Spooling problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spooling problem: I have a spooling problem where if I try to print more than on document, the fist printed document will not delete off the spooler so he second, third etc will wait minutes before printing off, anybody know how to fix this? It happens no matter what printer I try and use....
  9. Screen Blackout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Blackout: I made the mistake of letting someone use my Windows 10 desktop for a few minutes. Afterwards my screen which is always on started to go black after a few non-use minutes. How do I get it back to "normal"? I've been through Settings and cannot find a way to correct this....
  10. Frequent Screen Blackouts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Screen Blackouts: I am having weird issues with my PC recently. The only thing I installed was Norton AV recently. But, my display keeps going blank and the computer is just not responding, I can say this because I have teamviewver running and when I see the status it shows as offline. But,...