Windows 10: CPU temp differs between tools

Discus and support CPU temp differs between tools in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Core Temp is reporting a stable 55 degrees Celsius, whereas my BIOS is reporting 75-80 degrees Celsius. Should I be concerned here? I have not had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Setherz6104, Jan 27, 2019.

1. CPU temp differs between tools

Core Temp is reporting a stable 55 degrees Celsius, whereas my BIOS is reporting 75-80 degrees Celsius.

Should I be concerned here? I have not had any system crashes due to overheating or any freezes for that matter.

Thanks! CPU temp differs between tools :)

> PC Specifications

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad-core
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE F2A68HM-HD2
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    SSD/HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1 TB) | ADATA SU800 (120 GB) (Windows Drive) | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce 4 GB
    PSU: 550W (unknown brand, came with pre-built PC)
    Chassis: Aerocool Strike-X One Gaming Mid-Tower

:)

Setherz6104, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Basard Win User
    CPU temp vs CPU Core temps?

Yeah, I figured the same thing, its about 63-65F in here right now, core temp somehow says 7c for core one, which is 45F*Confused CPU temp differs between tools :confused: I'm using everest. I'll try CoreTemp and get back.

CoreTemp gives me the same core temps as everest (7c core 1, and 12c core 2). I downloaded both the beta and previous version.

Oh yeah and the readme says:

"CPU Support list:

All AMD K8 CPUs are supported starting with the early SH-C0 stepping and up. The latest 65nm BH-G1 and DH-G1 revisions give inaccurate readings."

I've got the Brisbane with BH-G1 stepping. I guess that explains it, a little.

My friend has a 5200+ Windsor, it gives the same type of readings--lower cores than ambient. He also uses everest though.

Basard, Jan 27, 2019
  4. cantix Win User

CPU temp differs between tools

difference in temp,

i get at normal, 49 and 56 in Distance to TJ Max, with temps at 51 and 44 respectively...
    Calibrated i still get 49 and 56 at Distance to TJ Max with temps of 47 on both cores....
    That is CPU running at 3Ghz with C1E disabled and Speed Step Disabled too.

cantix, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

CPU temp differs between tools

1. CPU temp differs between tools - Similar Threads - CPU temp differs

2. Cursor not changing between use of different Brush tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor not changing between use of different Brush tools: Hi, So I got this computer recently and have been keen to use Paint 3D as I did on my old one, thing is that now the grey circle doesn't appear to display the Thickness of each brush. I have no idea why to be honest, any help is appreciated. Cheers, Harry...
  3. Differences between MS upgrading tools?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Differences between MS upgrading tools?: This is a desktop installation. Currently, release 1903 18632.535 build is installed and want to upgrade to 1909, but retain the installed software. MS offered two tools, which I downloaded MediaCreationTool1909.exe (18mb) and Windows10Upgrade9252.exe (6mb ) to the Desktop....
  4. Different temp location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Different temp location: What's the difference between C/windows/temp Vs Appdata/local/temp Experts reply it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-temp-location/643dd8a4-36f4-4d3f-b66d-eabe2e01f6e7"
  5. What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is: What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is very confusing. I couldn’t figure out the difference between CPU, Cores and socket. Which is contained in which? Is the total speed in 2.2GHz for each Cores? How does the number of CPUs affect the speeds?...
  6. What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is: What is the difference between CPU and Cores? The screenshot below is very confusing. I couldn’t figure out the difference between CPU, Cores and socket. Which is contained in which? Is the total speed in 2.2GHz for each Cores? How does the number of CPUs affect the speeds?...
  7. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  8. What Is the Difference Between Windows 10 Backup Tools?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What Is the Difference Between Windows 10 Backup Tools?: I don't fully understand the difference between some backup tools included in Windows 10. There is File History. I think this makes backup of my user data files. It allows me to retrieve an earlier version of a user file. It appears to keep many older versions. The history...
  9. A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.: Hi, can you all recommend me a tool that will help me monitor my CPU and GPU temperature? Previously on 7 I used to use gadgets but I no longer want to use them or they cannot be used with Windows 10 either. I also want to monitor my bandwidth. Can someone please help...
  10. Difference between TechBench and Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between TechBench and Media Creation Tool: Hey all, Just as the title says, what is the difference between TechBench: Tech Bench and the regular Media Creation Tool: Windows 10 ? Thanks! 30722