Windows 10: CPU Temp Questions

Discus and support CPU Temp Questions in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All I checked with RealTemp GT (believe is multi core part of it) was going up to the High 70's and 80's, Ambient Temp of apartment around 75F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Oct 20, 2018.

1. CPU Temp Questions

Hi All

I checked with RealTemp GT (believe is multi core part of it) was going up to the High 70's and 80's, Ambient Temp of apartment around 75F (room doesn't feel hot to myself, just comfy) Running Windows Defender for moment, (not sure if that could raise the temps or not) Was not running a full scan or nothing

was Watching video on youtube, and using Secondlife game (Firestormx64 viewer)

(Dust clean out done a month ago, and another planned for tomorrow morning)

Power Plan: Balanced, so temp goes up and down based on load/turbos when needed I think

Normal idle temps around 40-45C with my Intel I7 7700
    Load Temps seen around 70C-78C when gaming

Video card unknown temp

anything i should worry on?

P.S. Hard to clean video card fan, as darn Asus bracket gets in the way

:)

AMDMan2016, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Basard Win User
    CPU temp vs CPU Core temps?

Yeah, I figured the same thing, its about 63-65F in here right now, core temp somehow says 7c for core one, which is 45F*Confused CPU Temp Questions :confused: I'm using everest. I'll try CoreTemp and get back.

CoreTemp gives me the same core temps as everest (7c core 1, and 12c core 2). I downloaded both the beta and previous version.

Oh yeah and the readme says:

"CPU Support list:

All AMD K8 CPUs are supported starting with the early SH-C0 stepping and up. The latest 65nm BH-G1 and DH-G1 revisions give inaccurate readings."

I've got the Brisbane with BH-G1 stepping. I guess that explains it, a little.

My friend has a 5200+ Windsor, it gives the same type of readings--lower cores than ambient. He also uses everest though.

Basard, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

CPU Temp Questions

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

CPU Temp Questions

1. CPU Temp Questions - Similar Threads - CPU Temp Questions

2. Cpu question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cpu question: i am buying a headphone but i dont know whats my pc mm audio jack is there any way to know whats the mm jack my pc fits? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-question/4e88b7c1-8385-4b86-84a6-3cd0533e33bd
  3. BSOD - Normal cpu temps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Normal cpu temps: This has happened twice so far, and before my csgo has been randomly crashing. Ive had my cpu temps and gpu temps open on seperate monitors and the temperatures were all normal. Idk where to start in trying to fix this, and I need to fix it quickly because I play csgo...
  4. Wrong cpu temp in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong cpu temp in Windows: Hello, i have a AMD A10 7890K and in Windows, programms like coretemp, aida64, read the wrong temperature. While gaming aida64 says my cpu is around 40C and while stress testing its around 45C. My Bios displays te temps corectly. When i boot my pc from a cold start aida says...
  5. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  6. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  7. Temp Folder Cleanup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Temp Folder Cleanup Question: Hi All! I have a very specific question in relation to Windows Temp Folder. What I specifically want to know, is: Does windows clean up the temp folder as a housekeeping task when a computer is rebooted (i.e. if I was to use a particular software program in the morning after...
  8. CPU Temp Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Temp Monitor: Is there CPU Temp Monitor, like CoreTemp, that supports AMD Ryzen? 81760
  9. CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp: CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why Thanks 36372
  10. Very high CPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...