Windows 10: CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows

Discus and support CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Immediately after installing the latest (big) feature update to Windows 10 1903, my CPU temperatures started to spike. CPU is NOT overclocked CPU is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by highlanderknigh, Aug 10, 2019.

1. CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows

Immediately after installing the latest (big) feature update to Windows 10 1903, my CPU temperatures started to spike.

CPU is NOT overclocked
    CPU is Water Cooled, all indications are that pump is running and fans run
    Case, fans, radiator are all clean
    Temps appear normal or very close to normal at idle or very low cpu usage. 27C-33C
    Moderate or high cpu usage results in temperature spike 10C or higher than immediately prior to latest Windows install. 75C-80C or even higher when previous highs would spike around 65C
    Temperatures given are the core temperatures using Core Temp. Room temperature is 22-23C

I've tried to discover if there could be a cause or something else such as excess background programs running, Runtime Broker problems etc etc, anything that may result in a possible issue and fix and either no luck or just not sure.

Also aware that there is a slight possibility that with a highly unusual timing coincidence, that the cpu cooler may be starting to go just as my computer restarted with the new Windows update. But because of the timing, I don't want to just up and get a new cpu cooler ($$$) and tear the pc apart to find out its not that.

Any insights to solutions or possible feature update bugs that will be corrected later would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

highlanderknigh, Aug 10, 2019

2. Random CPU temperature spikes.

Have a I7 4790 CPU, windows 10. Never had this issue before, started to happen about 3 days ago. Cleaned my whole computer today, no change. Idle is about 30C, randomly CPU spikes to 40-50C, without gaming, just on desktop.

marvinyaqoob, Aug 10, 2019
  3. CPU Temperature

I have tried to follow different sets of instructions on how to reveal the CPU temperature gauge. They either fail to match what I see on the screen or fail to tell me what function key to press when I eventually get to the list of options. Can anyone
    clarify this for me. (I'm investigating the possibility that instability on my Sony All-in-one PC is being caused by high temperature).

Ronald McLaren, Aug 10, 2019
  4. MrTwisted Win User

CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows

CPU temperature spikes - Random

WIn. 10 - 5th time or so reinstalling (lost count really). First was an upgrade from 8.1, at that point, the sleep issues that I faced with Windows 8 and 8.1 persisted, erratic sleep patterns, sometimes setting it worked, sometimes didn't sleep at all, sometimes
    it went to sleep and got a black screen, couldn't get back in without a restart. Last 3 or so installs were clean, Wiped the drive, but kept the partition that stores the Win 10 key, same problem each time, Win 10 works great for awhile, than suddenly things
    start getting erratic, usb starts throwing random power errors, computer lags, and latest issue is at random times the cpu will spike in temperature, fans go on overdrive get really loud, but if you look at the cpu utilization, no processes are using an excessive
    amount of cpu, which baffles me. Sleep issues are still there, the functionality to put my desktop to sleep or to hibernate without issue is simply broken, still I can live with that, the random cpu temp. spikes on the other hand are absurd and meaningless,
    some windows process seems to be the culprit here, possibly the Windows update process, still don't get how utilization can be down but cpu temps still spike. Sometimes lasts for 10 min. or sometimes 30, latest one lasted for a full night though. Any insight
    is much appreciated!

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP

System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group

System Model TZ77XE4

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU None

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5, 8/22/2012

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 24.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 21.6 GB

Total Virtual Memory 27.5 GB

Available Virtual Memory 24.7 GB

Page File Space 3.50 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

MrTwisted, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows

1. CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows - Similar Threads - CPU Temperature spikes

2. Sudden spike in temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden spike in temperature: Got IdeaPad Gaming 3 16IAH7 window 11My temp was sitting at 30c after I installed a new graphic driver. After restarting it jumped up as high as 38c for no reason, no extra processing load or anything. Any explanation to offer?...
  3. Sudden spike in temperature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden spike in temperature: Got IdeaPad Gaming 3 16IAH7 window 11My temp was sitting at 30c after I installed a new graphic driver. After restarting it jumped up as high as 38c for no reason, no extra processing load or anything. Any explanation to offer?...
  4. CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened: It started recently or maybe a long time ago, I don't really know when ever I'm not monitoring my laptop's performance or usage, the CPU usage just rises to around 50% or more and the temperature also rises as you can see in the second picture. Using Core Temp and Armory...
  5. CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened: It started recently or maybe a long time ago, I don't really know when ever I'm not monitoring my laptop's performance or usage, the CPU usage just rises to around 50% or more and the temperature also rises as you can see in the second picture. Using Core Temp and Armory...
  6. CPU Spike after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Spike after Windows Update: Hi everyone, I got a Lenovo ideapad Flex 15D. I am currently having a problem so several have surely already encountered. Some of them call it a lagging mouse problem but in fact when i look to the task manager, i see that the processor is having latency problems. Every 2 to...
  7. Cpu Spike after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu Spike after Windows Update: Hi everyone, I got a Lenovo ideapad Flex 15D. I am currently having a problem so several have surely already encountered. They call it a lagging mouse problem but in fact when we look at the task manager we see that the processor is having latency problems. Every 2 to 3...
  8. CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Temperature spikes Immediately following Feature Update to Windows: Immediately after installing the latest (big) feature update to Windows 10 1903, my CPU temperatures started to spike. CPU is NOT overclocked CPU is Water Cooled, all indications are that pump is running and fans run Case, fans, radiator are all clean Temps appear normal or...
  9. CPU Temperature: How To View CPU Temperature?

CPU Temperature: How To View CPU Temperature?: Hi all, I've been using an app called "HWMonitor" to measure the temperature of my PC's internal components and it works great, but I want to use another app to do the same thing just so I can compare the numbers that both apps give. What's the most popular app for...
  10. CPU temperatures

CPU temperatures: Hello Forum. last night my PC suddenly switched off 2 times within 3 hours. I didnt get a BSOD, just switched off. I did some googling to get some info, and saw it may be a case of CPU cooler, or fan, dust etc etc. I also downloaded some software to see the temp of my...