Windows 10: CPU temperatures

Discus and support CPU temperatures in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Forum. last night my PC suddenly switched off 2 times within 3 hours. I didnt get a BSOD, just switched off. I did some googling to get some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by graphomet, Apr 8, 2017.

1. graphomet Win User

CPU temperatures

Hello Forum.

last night my PC suddenly switched off 2 times within 3 hours. I didnt get a BSOD, just switched off.
    I did some googling to get some info, and saw it may be a case of CPU cooler, or fan, dust etc etc.
    I also downloaded some software to see the temp of my CPU cooler, and seems a bit high. i have had
    this CPU cooler for 8 years now.

on start up the temp was 55c
    and then suddenly rised to 72c, and then reached 77c.

CPU temperatures [​IMG]

CPU temperatures [​IMG]

:)

graphomet, Apr 8, 2017

2. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error Since recent update.

On the intel test is seems the temperature caused it to fail? Unless I am misunderstanding

Temperature Monitor will run in parallel with compatible modules

--- Temperature Test ---

Version 1.0.17.64b.W

Current Junction Temperature is 99C

Current Degrees Below Max 1C

Maximum Junction Temp Allowed 100C

Test Result - FAIL

Please check your Processor Thermal Solution

Temperature Monitor Stopped by User

Expected Greater than 1 degrees below max

Temperature Monitor Stopped

Received 1 degrees below max

It is worth adding that it passed at least 12 times on Temp then this happened, this was during "GPUStressW" this occured. The fail window said this -

--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.0.24

--- IPDT64 - Start Time: 21/02/2018 02:29:35

----------------------------------------------

-- Testing

CPU 1 - Genuine Intel - Pass.

CPU 1 - BrandString - Pass.

CPU 1 - Cache - Pass.

CPU 1 - MMXSSE - Pass.

CPU 1 - IMC - Pass.

CPU 1 - Prime Number - Pass.

CPU 1 - Floating Point - Pass.

CPU 1 - Math - Pass.

Temperature Monitor Failed

IPDT64 Failed

--- IPDT64 - Revision: 4.1.0.24

--- IPDT64 - End Time: 21/02/2018 02:32:00

FAIL

I shall now run the other test programme

BIG Chromer, Apr 8, 2017
  3. CPU Temperature

.. . I should also have added that I don't use OneDrive and don't want to start. So a solution not depending on any external facility would be preferred.

Ronald McLaren, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

CPU temperatures

Apparently ~60°C is the max for that CPU, so therefore your temperatures are too high.
    Obviously you need to re fix the CPU cooler, or get a better one.

Helmut, Apr 8, 2017
  5. graphomet Win User
    Hi Helmut.

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently looking into a new CPU cooler no more than $100, also replacing the fans too.
    do you have some recommendation which you are pleased with its performance?

thank you.

graphomet, Apr 8, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Practically any aftermarket CPU cooler would be better than factory supplied one. Look for anything with 3 pipes or more and at least 120mm fan. Anything that looks like Cooler Master 212Evo. Don't know what you can put your paws on down under so can't say exactly which one to recommend. $100 one would be too much.

CountMike, Apr 8, 2017
  7. graphomet Win User
    I have these options to buy a CPU cooler here in Australia, Im after a reasonable one to do its job, as Im currently going to built a new PC system within 3 months time I hope. But I'd like to eliminate the problem Im having with high CPU temp. Also Im going to get 2 new fans, because my PC makes noise like construction.

https://www.pccasegear.com/category/...ng/cpu-cooling

graphomet, Apr 8, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

CPU temperatures

How old is your computer? Have you peeked inside to see what the dust levels are like?

swarfega, Apr 8, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    This would be a good choice, they also have some of quietest fans https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...-h7-cpu-cooler

CountMike, Apr 8, 2017
  10. graphomet Win User
    My PC is 9y old.

Today I blasted the dust out with 2 cans of Fellowes air duster. But the CPU temps is still 73c from what i can see now. And I always take care of the dust once every 3 months, to keep the system as neat as possible.

graphomet, Apr 8, 2017
  11. graphomet Win User
    graphomet, Apr 8, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    Many prefer it over CM 212evo.

CountMike, Apr 8, 2017
  13. Helmut Win User

CPU temperatures

I have a Noctua NH-U12S on my desktop tower.
    Noctua are good quality, decent cooling block and quiet fans, simple fixings, though rather too expensive in the UK.
    Also use Intel CPUs rated up to 90°C use.

Helmut, Apr 8, 2017
  14. Geosammy Win User
    When adding after-market cpu coolers.
    It's important to take into consideration,
    the case dimensions and motherboard compatibility,
    with the cooler you intend to install.
    You don't want to spend your money on something,
    that won't fit into the case,
    or onto the motherboard and cpu.

Perhaps the thermal paste,
    between the current heatsink and cpu has become degraded?

Have you changed/replaced the thermal paste,
    to see if this might help?

Geosammy, Apr 9, 2017
  15. graphomet Win User
    Hi guys.

I got some amazing result today, and I'm happy with the PC how its running. I took apart the CPU cooler, and I found a ton of dust which had clogged it up from breathing, it looked awful. I had the impression that using air spay cans would have cleaned it up, but no!...

So after cleaning it up, and then applying arctic silver thermopaste on the cpu due it had been worn out, the temperature which on start up was 55c, now is 35c.

So last minute before ordering the CPU cooler, and fans, I believe I got lucky digging more into it.

CPU temperatures [​IMG]

graphomet, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

CPU temperatures

1. CPU temperatures - Similar Threads - CPU temperatures

2. Fix Incorrect CPU temperature reading on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Incorrect CPU temperature reading on Windows 11: [IMG]If you are a PC user who needs to monitor the temperature constantly and ensure that is not high during intensive processing, then an incorrect CPU temperature reading can create issues. This post looks at possible reasons why the reported temperature could be incorrect....
  3. CPU Temperature jumping up and down all of a sudden

in Windows 10 News
    CPU Temperature jumping up and down all of a sudden: [IMG]There can be many reasons why your CPU might have sudden temperature spikes and dips. This will explain the reasons, and then share how you can fix it: Causes for sudden temperature spikes and dips in CPU Fluctuating CPU Load: Modern CPUs are excellent in power...
  4. CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues: Hello, I few months ago I bought a Dell Intel Inspiron 16 plus 7630 laptop, as my previous computer unfortunately corrupted. The computer has been working well up until recently, when the was an up-tick in my CPU temperature. Previously, it would rest at around 50-55C Numbers...
  5. CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues: Hello, I few months ago I bought a Dell Intel Inspiron 16 plus 7630 laptop, as my previous computer unfortunately corrupted. The computer has been working well up until recently, when the was an up-tick in my CPU temperature. Previously, it would rest at around 50-55C Numbers...
  6. High cpu temperature untill i open task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu temperature untill i open task manager: I have high cpu temps i3 13600k problem appeared yesterday when i downloaded third party program and ran it nothing happened, i think in background it ran some malware, if i leave task manager open temps are down, if i close it rises gradually from 39 to 76 , and wgen i open...
  7. High cpu temperature untill i open task manager

High cpu temperature untill i open task manager: I have high cpu temps i3 13600k problem appeared yesterday when i downloaded third party program and ran it nothing happened, i think in background it ran some malware, if i leave task manager open temps are down, if i close it rises gradually from 39 to 76 , and wgen i open...
  8. High cpu temperature untill i open task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Acer Predator Triton 500 SE : CPU Workload, Clocks & Temperature Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Predator Triton 500 SE : CPU Workload, Clocks & Temperature Problem: Dear Microsoft Community,My gear is an Acer Predator Triton 500 SE PT516-51s-98E0, which I've owned for about a year. When selecting the High Performance Power Plan, even though there is a Low CPU Workload of around five percent, the CPU Clocks are maxed out in Turbo Mode and...
  10. Acer Predator Triton 500 SE : CPU Workload, Clocks & Temperature Problem

Acer Predator Triton 500 SE : CPU Workload, Clocks & Temperature Problem: Dear Microsoft Community,My gear is an Acer Predator Triton 500 SE PT516-51s-98E0, which I've owned for about a year. When selecting the High Performance Power Plan, even though there is a Low CPU Workload of around five percent, the CPU Clocks are maxed out in Turbo Mode and...