Windows 10: CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running.

Discus and support CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says I have this problem, I ve scanned my whole PC for viruses and done basic trouble shooting. All drivers up to date. Please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnGC22, Oct 14, 2018.

1. JohnGC22 Win User

CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running.

As the title says I have this problem, I ve scanned my whole PC for viruses and done basic trouble shooting. All drivers up to date.

Please help me if you have knowledge of this incidence. Thanks in advance, John CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running. af032f47-6260-44fd-9537-71ef849d1b4c?upload=true.png

:)

JohnGC22, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Russel[] Win User

Shell Infrastructure Host has been using about 50% cpu usage and total cpu usage is 100%

Hello, im using a windows 10 laptop, and i restored it to a previous system restore point. Since then Shell Infrastructure Host has been using about 50% cpu usage and total cpu usage is 100%. How can i resolve this issue? Restarting has not helped.

OP - Shell Infrastructure Host high cpu

Russel[], Oct 14, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 14, 2018
  4. CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running.

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running.

1. CPU total usage more than total usage of programs running. - Similar Threads - CPU total usage

2. Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...: I have a Windows 11, Intel i7 - 1360P with dual-booted Ubuntu. When I am using Windows I see that my total RAM usage is more than 80 percent when I check that the total usage among all users is only 4GB of 16GB in task manager and the total CPU usage is also 2 times the total...
  3. Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram and cpu values of total usage significantly higher than the total from all users in...: I have a Windows 11, Intel i7 - 1360P with dual-booted Ubuntu. When I am using Windows I see that my total RAM usage is more than 80 percent when I check that the total usage among all users is only 4GB of 16GB in task manager and the total CPU usage is also 2 times the total...
  4. Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory and CPU are higher than the combined total of active processes: My computer is a fairly decent one, built for gaming and higher speed quality. I have been having performance issues that seem to get worse with time, and I'm not entirely sure why. For example, running games that my computer should be able to handle and used to be able to...
  5. CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage: hello,I've been having this issue with my PC for a while every time i start a game for example Grand Theft Auto : 5 and open my task manager and see the usage of the CPU and GPU the CPU is always higher than the GPU and i also started to notice random FPS drops and FPS...
  6. CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is greater than my GPU usage: hello,I've been having this issue with my PC for a while every time i start a game for example Grand Theft Auto : 5 and open my task manager and see the usage of the CPU and GPU the CPU is always higher than the GPU and i also started to notice random FPS drops and FPS...
  7. CPU Usage more than 70%+ when open task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Usage more than 70%+ when open task manager: [ATTACH] So when i tried to open task manager, the CPU usage usually show at 50 - 100% IN IDLE MODE. I'm not doing anything or playing games, i thought it firstly it was System Interrupt. But when i search down for System Interrupt it shows only 0.1% usage. How can i...
  8. my cpu usage is more than normal even after a reset

my cpu usage is more than normal even after a reset: i had a problem of 100% cpu usage it first occured when i am downloading bluestacks and my pc ran into automatic repair and failed and made a loop so to exit i chose and reset my pc erase everything but after a reset also it is continuing plz help me my system is 8 gb ram...
  9. RAM usage total discrepancy

RAM usage total discrepancy: Why is this? The total ram usage from users is just 8 GB while total RAM in use is more than 13 GB, which is more than a 5 GB discrepancy. Always it is the same, there is a gap ranging from 4 GB to 6GB. The shared GPU memory at the time was 0.5 GB. Even though I turn off the...
  10. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71