Windows 10: CPU Upgrade Preparations

Discus and support CPU Upgrade Preparations in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have finally committed to upgrading my current cpu i7 4790k to an i7 10700k. Doing so will require that I replace the ram and motherboard. Are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaleb Schmottlach, Jun 19, 2021.

1. CPU Upgrade Preparations

Hello,I have finally committed to upgrading my current cpu i7 4790k to an i7 10700k. Doing so will require that I replace the ram and motherboard. Are there any preparations that need to be made in windows before I replace my processor? Any help is appreciated!

:)

Kaleb Schmottlach, Jun 19, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Jun 19, 2021
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Jun 19, 2021
  4. hoopes_az Win User

CPU Upgrade Preparations

Windows 10 Preparing for the Upgrade

I'm having the same issue. The download isn't the issue. The 2,712.6 MB file downloads as the first step. That takes about 5 - 7 minutes to complete on my network connection. Once the software is already downloaded, it never moves past the "Preparing
    for the Upgrade" step. I'm running Windows 7. I ran this last night on my windows 8 PC and had no similar issues.

What is happening during this step? Is it performing a backup? This machine would take much longer if that were the case, but knowing what is going on would help me guage whether or not it is really stuck. CPU seems to be almost at idle during this step
    of the process.

hoopes_az, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

CPU Upgrade Preparations

1. CPU Upgrade Preparations - Similar Threads - CPU Upgrade Preparations

2. upgrading cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading cpu: I recently tried to upgrade from a Ryzen 3 3200g to Ryzen 5 5600 when I got this message about ftpm I made sure R5 5600 would work on my Asus prime b450m-a board with bios version 3802. everything went fine changed setting in bios turned on docp & precision boost overdrive...
  3. Upgrade CPU or Not....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade CPU or Not....: My laptop has an Intel i3-7100U @2.4 and was wondering if it is cheaper to simply get a new laptop or upgrade to a CPU that is supported by Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-cpu-or-not/af19a7be-e363-4618-ba32-40fc2c65c792
  4. Upgrading CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading CPU: Does doing this require anything other procedure after installation of a new CPU? I heard you gotta enter BIOS, but is that mandatory? Or can I just swap out the old and it will just work? submitted by /u/NXGZ [link] [comments]...
  5. Preparing for 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing for 1909 upgrade: I have recently began experiencing some OS issues in my i7-3630QM HP laptop, running Windows 10 Home x64 v1809. I am confident that it is an OS, not hardware issuelong boot times, cross linked files, logging out of account going to a black screen, certain updates not...
  6. preparation for upgrade to Windows 10

preparation for upgrade to Windows 10: I need to know details about backing up the data on my PC before I begin to download and install the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10... is there a "recovery" or "restore" procedure that I should follow first? is there a program that I can run to confirm that my system is...
  7. Upgrading CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading CPU: I am close to upgrading my CPU from an i5 to an i7 processor. I called a computer store to seek advice on doing it myself for the first time, however they told me that if I was to install a new CPU on my motherboard that it would deactivate my windows and wanted to charge me...
  8. preparing to upgrade

preparing to upgrade: Finished the w10 d/l. Now it's says 'preparing to upgrade'. It's been 'rolling' on this screen for several hours now. Is that how it's suppose to work? Does 'preparing to upgrade' really mean it's installing? 38516
  9. Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade

Preparing for a Future Free Upgrade: 100 days from today, the free upgrade off ends. If I were to install a free copy of 10 onto a thumb drive (or DVD), and then buy a used 7 or 8 laptop after the free upgrade offer expires, could I install 10 for free from the thumb drive? 47869
  10. Preparing for W10 Upgrade?

Preparing for W10 Upgrade?: How should I prepare for Windows 10 upgrade on this PC? Specs: AMD Athlon x4 860K @ 4GHz Nvidia Geforce GTX 750Ti 1TB 7200RPM HDD 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 current OS Why do I ask this? Well, the last time I attempted the upgrade..I...