Windows 10: CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly...

Discus and support CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, A few weeks ago, I was trying to open up Powerpoint and Outlook on my computer at home, which I hadn't used for a few months due to being away at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jbk41, Apr 9, 2020.

1. jbk41 Win User

CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly...

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I was trying to open up Powerpoint and Outlook on my computer at home, which I hadn't used for a few months due to being away at school. The program would never pop up and I would get this error message: The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly 0xc0000142. I looked up this error and found this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpSDikJLZj8 which said to run

for %i in %windir%\system32*.dll do regvr32.exe / s%i

and

for %i in %windir%\system32*.ocx do regvr32.exe / s%i

I did not suspect anything because it just looks like a simple and harmless command and also it fixed my issue with opening up powerpoint. Now, I have a much bigger issue which is my CPU will randomly jump to 100% usage even when I have only one or two applications open. When I open up task manager, I can see that applications that are not actively being used will have high percent usage and the applications that have high percentage usage will constantly switch. For example, I would see Spotify using 12% of my CPU so I would try to click on end task. But then, Spotify's usage would go to 0.4% and then Window's file explorer would get 12% usage.

Is there a way to resolve this issue? Thanks.

:)

jbk41, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Wysiwig Win User

cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Apr 9, 2020
  3. CPU Usage 100%

PC starts with 100% cpu usage. It won't come down even cpu is left idle. Cpu fan won't stop, when temp are normal.

Vivek Rajbhar, Apr 9, 2020
  4. CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly...

The application was unable to start correctly

hi,
    i am getting this error when i start a application DialogDevi

CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly... [​IMG]

HAROON2015, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly...

1. CPU usage 100% after encountering "The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly... - Similar Threads - CPU usage 100%

2. 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% CPU Usage: PC fine until update to version 20H2 installed, now intermittent 100% CPU usage once or twice an hour for one to two minutes at a time. How do I correct the problem on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-cpu-usage/7fed075a-2d99-44cc-bec1-93f40c948c6e
  3. The application was unable to start correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The application was unable to start correctly: can someone help im trying to download a game and it keeps saying that every time, i tried running it as administrator and i tried doing sfc /scannow it sayed there was a problem but that it fixed it submitted by /u/Scrubby32 [link] [comments]...
  4. 100% cpu usage after boot

100% cpu usage after boot: Basically when i boot my pc after few seconds my CPU starts running at 100% but it goes to normal once i open the task manager, it doesnt leave me the time to look at which process is using the cpu. i first noticed this when i booted my pc and went afk, came back and saw the...
  5. 100% cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% cpu usage: Once i booted today, i realised after a few minutes that my pc was acting extremely slow and jittery. I had open task manager and noticed my CPU was at extreme loads of 80-100%. The top 2 processes were "appmodel" "Serivce host: Remote procedure". It seems that the least...
  6. CPU 100% usage

CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  7. CPU USAGE 100% After update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU USAGE 100% After update: Hello After windows Update My CPU going crazy It working on 100% and Freezing screen, So i reinstalled and installled Fresh 1903 but still freezing, same as 1809 with last update, i just tested Cpu And GPu aslow RAM everything is good with em, how can i fix this...
  8. The application was unable to start correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application was unable to start correctly: hi, i am getting this error when i start a application DialogDevi [img] 83258
  9. 100% CPU Usage after PC start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU Usage after PC start: Hmmm. And when you shutdown everything is closed, browser, apps, Office? Process Explorer will give you way more detail than task manager to help isolate activity causing the CPU usage. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ocess-explorer
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...