Windows 10: CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

Discus and support CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having the problem of my CPU being at 100% usage when Opening task manager, But after 1 second or less it goes back down to regular levels.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jameshall_204, Jan 19, 2021.

1. CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

I have been having the problem of my CPU being at 100% usage when Opening task manager, But after 1 second or less it goes back down to regular levels. 8%-20%. I am on a laptop, My specs are; An i7-8750h, I have a 1050ti 4GB. I am running 12 gb's of ram. This problem occurs Everytime when opening task manager. I have not noticed this problem occur before because I was not paying attention to the usage.

:)

jameshall_204, Jan 19, 2021

2. CPU at 100% that goes away when opening Task Manager

Thanks for your answer @Jay#222. I understand that a computer is doing a lot in the background. In that case above, I was using Adobe Lightroom which is heavy on the CPU but I might get this when I'm just using Google Chrome googling things. Its weird to
    me because upon opening the Task Manager, my CPU calms down when it might have been working hard for quite some time. My CPU might be working hard for 10 minutes and then upon opening Task Manager, it calms down. I'm sure if it listed the CPU usage prior to
    opening the Task Manager, it would be 90%-100% usage all prior. Is it something like the Task Manager flushes processes and that's why it drop significantly? And I mean it drops to the point where the fan will calm down and my laptop will not lag much.

Warpstar22, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Cpu usage high until I open task manager

So, whenever I open my task manager CPU usage is at 100% and thing that takes up 100% is something called " system interrupts ", but its only when I open the task manager, so when my task manager is closed my CPU usage is at 100% at all the times? Do
    I need to keep my task manager open to play games?...

nelkaapekaa, Jan 19, 2021
  4. CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU Usage.

Also my fans randomly speed up, and whenever I open task manager the CPU Usage of task manager goes down and the fans start to slow down, but when I close task manager the fans start back up again.

Bobcat_325, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

1. CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager. - Similar Threads - CPU Usage 100%

2. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  3. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  4. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened: Recently, I have been seeing that my CPU temperature is extremely high 80C during idle or browsing internet and this changes when I open task manager to check what is using my CPU so much. As soon as i open task manager, my cpu usage goes down from 100% to 6-10%.I am familiar...
  6. CPU usage at 100%. Goes back to normal after opening Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage at 100%. Goes back to normal after opening Task Manager: [ATTACH] Hello. I've recently encountered a problem with my CPU's usage percentage. The picture below shows the state of my PC in idle state. No third party programs are running in the background. It's just desktop and HWInfo. The CPU usage sits on 100% until I run Task...
  7. My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager

My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager: I tried scanning the PC with Malwarebytes, and a few other tools. The results came out clean. I finally installed a fresh new copy of windows on PC. The CPU usage is still at 95-100% but goes down after a few seconds. I tried using a few third party tools to monitor the...
  8. CPU at 100% that goes away when opening Task Manager

CPU at 100% that goes away when opening Task Manager: Hi, So I have had this issue for a while but I was curious if there was a reason for this and if it is possible to stop it. This is Windows 10 on my Lenovo Yoga 910. Occassionally, my CPU will be working very hard and is generally at 100% usage. I can tell because my fan...
  9. CPU AT 100% WHEN I OPEN TASK MANAGER BUT GOES DOWN AFTERWORDS, WHY?

CPU AT 100% WHEN I OPEN TASK MANAGER BUT GOES DOWN AFTERWORDS, WHY?: So for some reason everytime I open task manager my cpu starts at 100% and then goes down intimately. It does this every single time. Its been doing this for a while now and I dont know if its a bad thing or normal. I've just recently reset my whole pc for personal reason and...
  10. Cpu goes 100% but when i open task manager drops to 2%.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cpu goes 100% but when i open task manager drops to 2%.: i have a ryzen 5 2600 and 4 cores are always 100% and temps are 41-45 . when i open task manager usage drops to normal 1-2% idle and temps to 30 C. when i close it same thing happens again. I think is a mining virus. How can i detect it and delete it if thats the case? i...