Windows 10: CPU usage - acpi.sys

Discus and support CPU usage - acpi.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I got a new hp-15-bs158cl and replaced the SATA drive with a SSD. The issue arises when I install the SATA drive by removing the DVD drive. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S.S.Buk, Oct 23, 2018.

1. S.S.Buk Win User

CPU usage - acpi.sys

Hi,

I got a new hp-15-bs158cl and replaced the SATA drive with a SSD.

The issue arises when I install the SATA drive by removing the DVD drive. The CPU usage remains constantly around 25 percent even if the computer is idle.

I identified the consistent cpu use of acpi.sys using the process explorer. The problem disappears when I disconnect the SATA drive or replace it with the DVD.

I checked the drivers and they are all up to date.

Kindly help me on how to solve this issue.

Regards

Syed

:)

S.S.Buk, Oct 23, 2018
  2. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Oct 23, 2018
  3. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Oct 23, 2018
  4. CPU usage - acpi.sys

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

CPU usage - acpi.sys

1. CPU usage - acpi.sys - Similar Threads - CPU usage acpi

2. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage: This is regarding my PC . why is my CPU being under utilized? Only 9% of it is being used and even when i launch games like VALORANT , ROBLOX etc. I open task manager and take a look and only 4% of my cpu is being used on the game that was launched. Any tips?...
  3. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage: I have noticed recently my fans in my PC and my CPU fan in particular have been running way master and making much more noise, whenever I open task manager to check what running it will show task manager itself using 20%-40% of my CPU as well as sometimes showing google using...
  4. Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys: Any ideas on what could be causing this consistently high CPU usage by the system process and the calls displayed in the image above? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consistent-high-20-cpu-usage-by-system-ntoskrnlexe/5f38d925-2d71-427a-afea-a19468280afb
  5. Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys: Any ideas on what could be causing this consistently high CPU usage by the system process and the calls displayed in the image above? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consistent-high-20-cpu-usage-by-system-ntoskrnlexe/5f38d925-2d71-427a-afea-a19468280afb
  6. Consistent high >20% CPU usage by "System" >> ntoskrnl.exe and Apsz64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage: I have 100% cpu usage while gaming. Im not sure if this is connected with my problem that i cant open some of my games and applications. What should i do to lower cpu usage any solutions? submitted by /u/Ezak_Vojta [link] [comments]...
  8. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage: I'm stumped. Been trying for longer than I'd care to admit. I have a gaming rig and an old ROG gaming laptop, they're not similar at all, both always idle at a CPU usage of above 50 percent and if I so much as click on the start menu it spikes to 99 percent. I've disabled...
  9. Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys: I am afraid I have run some unauthorized scripts in my WIndows and after that, this process is constantly taking up atleast 5 to 10% cpu usage. I know this is not considered as High CPU Usage, but the fact is bothering me that it is not decreasing and constant. I remember,...
  10. CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage: I have found that my CPU usage is running at 30%, due to Service Host: Local System (15). I have the list of the 15 processes, but how do I find which one is using all the power? Thank You [img] 26177
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi.sys cpu usage

2. acpi.sys using cpu

3. acpi.sys issue windows

4. high idle cpu usage acpi