Windows 10: CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks

Discus and support CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! This has been a consistent problem over the years, but it is only getting more and more noticeable as of recently. Even while performing light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steven Psindler, Oct 29, 2020.

1. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks

Hello! This has been a consistent problem over the years, but it is only getting more and more noticeable as of recently. Even while performing light tasks such as running Microsoft Edge and LibreOffice cause my laptop to get overworked and start chugging. Fans whirring, computer struggling. Running things like YouTube is damn near unbearable, and running any other programs is impossible. I'm at my wits end. My laptop is a 2018 Dell Inspiron 15 3565 so I don't understand the reason for such lag and slowness. My specs are listed below, under the System Properties tab.

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks [​IMG]

What could possibly be the issue? I have my system configured for performance, set my battery settings for higher performance, and keep my disk relatively clean.

:)

Steven Psindler, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Cato Win User

CPU constantly at 100%, but in Process Explorer usage is around 5%

Task Manager shows CPU usage constantly at 100%, but Process Explorer shows CPU usage at about 5%. I've tried the solution presented in CPU Constantly at 100% In Task Manager, But Not in Process Explorer, but it did not work for me. When I reboot the PC into Safe Mode, though, everything is OK.

How can I resolve the discrepancy?

3. Joe...J Win User
    Windows 10 extreme CPU usage

Thanks, but yes I was definitely seeing this issue while that trace was recorded.

Task manager was constantly showing 100% CPU usage and Resource monitor shows silly numbers for the CPU usage (40441489%).

If I sum the numbers under CPU in the Processes tab in Resource monitor, it matches the values shown in the trace (i.e., CPU usage is not 100%, but the charts and summary total at the top of the processes tab are maxed out.

In task manager the CPU usage numbers seem to be normalised to 100%.

i.e. they are constantly changing but seem to always add up to 100%.

I think that the CPU usage reported in the trace is correct, but Task Manager and Resource monitor are doing something wrong?

Joe...J, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Vintpüss Win User

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks

Windows 10 CPU Usage 100%

Hi!

I have been having problems with my CPU usage. It's always 100%, but nothing is running in the background. When I open Task Manager, the percentages jump up and down really weirdly. Once there is Task Manager using 70% of CPU, one second later it goes back
    down... Then comes like Discord on the top with again 50% CPU usage and again sec later it jumps back down... like It's constantly doing this with different programs like: System, System Interrupts, Chrome, Desktop Windows Manager...

Vintpüss, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks

1. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%, Even While Doing Light Tasks - Similar Threads - CPU Usage Constantly

2. My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cpu is constantly at 100% in task manager.: Hi. I have an old pc predator ag3620-ur12, and i have factory reset it three times now but i have an issue thats still remaining. In task manager, my cpu is at 00% and red at the process tab, and when i go into the performence tab, my cpu is consantly at 100%. Do you have any...
  3. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU usage while docking: So, I have a Lenovo with Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 23GB memory and whenever I connect a dock to use two external monitors Icy Box/DisplayLink I get peaks of CPU use, actually, it stays at 100% until I disconnect the dock. I searched for...
  4. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU usage while docking: So, I have a Lenovo with Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 23GB memory and whenever I connect a dock to use two external monitors Icy Box/DisplayLink I get peaks of CPU use, actually, it stays at 100% until I disconnect the dock. I searched for...
  5. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How do I fix constant 100% CPU Usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix constant 100% CPU Usage?: Sometimes WMI Provider Host along with Dropbox, Radeon Software Host Application and several Service Hosts start taking up CPU Usage bringing it up to 100%. I use Set Affinity for each process to restrict CPU usage to just one CPU, which works 75% of the time, but 25% of the...
  7. CPU constantly at 100% in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU constantly at 100% in task manager: Hi, on the users tab of the task manager the CPU section always displays 100% CPU usage, but when viewed with Core Temp the usage percentage is at it's correct % which is 0-1%. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks. [img] and core temps readings [img] windows version...
  8. 100% CPU usage constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage constantly: Yesterday my PC was working fine and had low enough cpu usage but since I've booted it up this morning it has stayed at 100% CPU usage. I've tried following some things online after i noticed wmi (or something like that) using a lot of CPU. This led me to figuring out i had...
  9. CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%

CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%: Hi everyone! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with iCore 7, 12GB Ram, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was working flawlessly until a few days ago... All of the sudden the machine has slowed significantly, and I whenever I open a browser (no matter whether it's MS...
  10. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...