Windows 10: CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag

Discus and support CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Got the 22H2 update for win 11 this morning and my games immediately started to lag.. Using MSI afterburner I found that in games BFV and NFS Heat my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave C1, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Dave C1 Win User

CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag

Got the 22H2 update for win 11 this morning and my games immediately started to lag.. Using MSI afterburner I found that in games BFV and NFS Heat my cpu usage had dropped from around 50-60% to only 5 % it was the same in all of my games. They all ran perfectly yesterday. Rolled back the update and the games are running perfectly again using 50-60% cpu.Why would this Windows 11 update do this to my new 6 week old gaming PC?Im using i7 10700cpu and a 3070 video card along with 32g of ram

:)

Dave C1, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Kay Es Win User

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Sep 21, 2022
  3. My CPU Usage drop to 1-5% during gaming

Hi,

It looks like the components of your systemhave something
    to do with your CPU Usage drop to 1-5% during gaming. Here is a
    link
    on how to troubleshoot performance and stability issues in PC games.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Tomek Win User

CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag

Lag spike causes lag in a game

So the story is very simple, from time to time I have a huge "lag" in the game and it lasts for like 1 second. This is very annoying. I've done some investigating and it turns out that during the lag, there's a huge spike on a disk usage caused by the same game. Is there any way to avoid the lag? Or is it just a game issue? I send an image showing performance analysis.

CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag PHBKa.png

Tomek, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag - Similar Threads - CPU usage dropped

2. CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.: This issue just randomly popped up yesterday and I've been trying to fix it for the last day or so. My laptop is the Asus ZenBook 14 UX425UG-Q408UG, 8gb soldered ram, r5 5500u, Nvidia mx450.I have tried the installation media, some driver updates, and some rudimentary...
  3. CPU usage drops and game freezes

CPU usage drops and game freezes: I've had this problem whilst trying to play street fighter 6. It'll be fine and then suddenly freeze and the CPU usage drops to zero. I've tried reinstalling the game and it doesn't work. All of my drivers seem to be up to date and I've been playing Spiderman and had 0...
  4. CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag.: I have just got 22H2 update for win 11 this morning and my games immediately started to lag.. Using task manager I found that in my all games my cpu usage had dropped from around 50-60% to only 5 % .They all ran perfectly before the update . Rolled back the update and the...
  5. CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag.

CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag.: I have just got 22H2 update for win 11 this morning and my games immediately started to lag.. Using task manager I found that in my all games my cpu usage had dropped from around 50-60% to only 5 % .They all ran perfectly before the update . Rolled back the update and the...
  6. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  7. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  8. CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag: Got the 22H2 update for win 11 this morning and my games immediately started to lag.. Using MSI afterburner I found that in games BFV and NFS Heat my cpu usage had dropped from around 50-60% to only 5 % it was the same in all of my games. They all ran perfectly yesterday....
  9. High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU Usage While Gaming Causing FPS Drops: Hey Guys I've been getting high CPU usage, almost 100% when playing games like Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legends causing me to lose a lot of fps ever since I updated to windows 10, a couple of weeks ago and I've never had this problem in windows 8.1. I would...
  10. Updates wont download/install, occasionally causing huge CPU usage

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates wont download/install, occasionally causing huge CPU usage: I have been having an ongoing problem with Windows Update for the past few months. Updates sometimes just refuse to download, and get stuck at 0%. I have managed to fix this a few times by opening up a command prompt, and terminating windows update (net stop wuauserv),...