Windows 10: CPU usage drops

Discus and support CPU usage drops in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a Asus laptop, and when i update windows 10 i have random cpu usage drops, like when im playing or doing anything after a few minutes the cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HoracsekBence, Mar 15, 2022.

1. CPU usage drops

So I have a Asus laptop, and when i update windows 10 i have random cpu usage drops, like when im playing or doing anything after a few minutes the cpu usage drops to 12%, and then after around 1-2 min it goes up again to normal and the framerates get normal again, but when it drops any game is unplayable. I managed to fix it before by deleting a battery driver and then restarting the computer, but this time this does not work.

:)

HoracsekBence, Mar 15, 2022

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 15, 2022
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 15, 2022
  4. LemP Win User

CPU usage drops

HP EliteBook 2530p forced shutdown automatically due to high CPU Usage

High CPU usage -- even 100% CPU usage -- shouldn't in itself cause a shutdown. However, if the computer is running at 100% CPU usage for any significant length of time, particularly if the vents are blocked, either physically or by dust accumulation, the
    CPU is likely to overheat, which will cause a shutdown.

1. Open Task Manager, select the Processes tab, and click the button to "Show processes from all users."
    2. Click "CPU" in the header row once or twice to sort the entries in the order of decreasing CPU usage.
    3. Create the situation where you have 100% CPU usage
    4. List the "Image Name" of the top 5 items in the list together with the indicated CPU usage for each.
    5. As soon as you have noted the values in Step 4, right-click on the top item and select "End Process."; repeat until CPU usage drops to a more reasonable value.
    You should also download one of the following free utilities and monitor the temperature of your CPU and system:

Core Temp
    https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

HW Monitor
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

SpeedFan
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

HWInfo
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Thema:

CPU usage drops

1. CPU usage drops - Similar Threads - CPU usage drops

2. CPU Usage drops to very low frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Usage drops to very low frequently: Hello, I'm on a laptop, and in the past few months I have been having a very strange problem. My CPU frequently drops from around 70-80% usage to 13% usage every few minutes. When this happens, my FPS in any games I am playing drops to 1, and any videos I have playing start...
  3. CPU Usage drops to very low frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage drops to very low frequently: Hello, I'm on a laptop, and in the past few months I have been having a very strange problem. My CPU frequently drops from around 70-80% usage to 13% usage every few minutes. When this happens, my FPS in any games I am playing drops to 1, and any videos I have playing start...
  4. CPU usage drops and game freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage drops and game freezes: I've had this problem whilst trying to play street fighter 6. It'll be fine and then suddenly freeze and the CPU usage drops to zero. I've tried reinstalling the game and it doesn't work. All of my drivers seem to be up to date and I've been playing Spiderman and had 0...
  5. CPU usage drops and game freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage drops and game freezes: I've had this problem whilst trying to play street fighter 6. It'll be fine and then suddenly freeze and the CPU usage drops to zero. I've tried reinstalling the game and it doesn't work. All of my drivers seem to be up to date and I've been playing Spiderman and had 0...
  6. Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming: So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task...
  7. Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden drop in cpu usage while gaming: So I'm trying to play NFS Heat, the game runs fine on about 60 fps for 10 minutes or so but then the fps suddenly drops to like 5-10 for a few seconds and then runs again normally. This happens every 5-10 minute while I'm trying to play. One thing I have noticed in task...
  8. CPU usage drops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage drops: So I have a Asus laptop, and when i update windows 10 i have random cpu usage drops, like when im playing or doing anything after a few minutes the cpu usage drops to 12%, and then after around 1-2 min it goes up again to normal and the framerates get normal again, but when...
  9. CPU usage drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage drops: So I have a Asus laptop, and when i update windows 10 i have random cpu usage drops, like when im playing or doing anything after a few minutes the cpu usage drops to 12%, and then after around 1-2 min it goes up again to normal and the framerates get normal again, but when...
  10. Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop: Hi, I'm having an issue that has almost conflicting parameters. Every 15-30 seconds or so (though it can be every few seconds or once every 10 minutes) my FPS will plummet and my CPU usage will suddenly drop dramatically. This is confusing to me because I'd think that...