Windows 10: CPU usage increases to 50% when I use "Get-WmiObject", why it is happening?

Discus and support CPU usage increases to 50% when I use "Get-WmiObject", why it is happening? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; CPU usage got increase when I use Get-WmiObject, any reason behind that, or is it a bug? After some search, I found out the alternative of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dbshah, Jul 3, 2020.

1. dbshah Win User

CPU usage increases to 50% when I use "Get-WmiObject", why it is happening?

CPU usage got increase when I use Get-WmiObject, any reason behind that, or is it a bug?

After some search, I found out the alternative of this command which is Get-CimInstance but is also using the same space. Is there any alternative available to mitigate this issue?

:)

dbshah, Jul 3, 2020
  2. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Jul 3, 2020
  3. barence Win User
    Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage

Every day, at intermittent times unrelated to anything I do [it happens when I'm doing nothing], Explorer starts running with each core at about 50% cpu usage, and does not stop. Temperatures and fan speeds rise, fans become very noisy.

Speedfan indicates core temps rise to ~ 70 degrees C, "Temp1" rises to 75 - 80 degrees, fan 1 speed ~ 4000rpm,
    fan 2 speed ~ 2500 rpm.

I have just installed Windows 10 so it seems it could not be caused by a virus/malware.

In windows 7 forums some users found the problem was caused by a corrupted file:

Explorer.exe 50% CPU usage - Windows 7 Help Forums

Since my problem is intermittent is it unlikely to be caused by a corrupted file?

I can't use the solution suggested in the W7 forums because when I kill explorer I lose my desktop.

I ran diskcheck on both my hard drives and it reported no errors found.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Can someone please explain why a corrupted file would cause explorer to run at 50% cpu usage?

barence, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Cabadaj Win User

Limiting CPU usage.

Hello world,

I currently updated my windows 10 version 1803, the last major update which asked you all the options of location and such again after the install, on my laptop and after that limiting my CPU usage in advanced power management does not seem to work. Before
    the update when I limited CPU usage to 50% in my task manager it never exceeded 50%. Now I try to limit the usage to 50% but still, the processes (games mainly) are able to increase the CPU usage to 100%. Tried different power options, like the default, was
    Dell power Manager option, tried it with balanced, but did not work. Is there a fix or do I have to revert the update?

Thank you for your time have a great day.

Cabadaj, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU usage increases to 50% when I use "Get-WmiObject", why it is happening? - Similar Threads - CPU usage increases

2. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in CPU usage on every app..: Recently, after an update, the cpu usage on most apps increased. Mainly all the browsers, whenever I refresh a page, watch a youtube video on 420p, scroll down on anything, the CPU usage strikes and then goes back to normal. I don't remember the updates so I can't delete...
  3. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in CPU usage on every app..: Recently, after an update, the cpu usage on most apps increased. Mainly all the browsers, whenever I refresh a page, watch a youtube video on 420p, scroll down on anything, the CPU usage strikes and then goes back to normal. I don't remember the updates so I can't delete...
  4. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ntoskrnl.exe using 50% of cpu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ntoskrnl.exe using 50% of cpu.: The process appears as System in task manager and shows the .exe name when clicked on properties. Its using a lot of the cpu, and id like to know how to fix that. It wasnt like that a few days ago. Thanks submitted by /u/Luis_Santeliz [link] [comments]...
  6. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc: Hi Experts, I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing. recently upgraded to window 10 1093. since then i am having issues with my pc. When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%. Please suggest. Regards, Rithvik Rai...
  7. Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?

Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?: Been sitting here for hours trying to do my school work but my typical day is 6 hours of fighting with Microsoft and two hours of work. I have no idea at all how any one can say this OS works, it does not. No one can prove it to me. It does not work. My PC is being a turtle,...
  8. increase cpu power usage

increase cpu power usage: I have AMD E2-9000e 1.50 GHZ duo core . when I start up my pc . it will be very smooth and good the CPU usage be 1.99-1.96 , but when I play on it for 1 hour or keep it power it on for 1 hour . the processor have been use the half of the processor power 0.79-0.80 . I need...
  9. CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop

CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop: Hello, since yesterday, I've seen that when I right click on desktop, my cpu usage increseases from 1-5% on idle to 20-30% for every right click (if I spam it, it reaches 100%) I had no problem until yesterday and I don't know what should I do. Here is a print screen of task...
  10. Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage: Every day, at intermittent times unrelated to anything I do [it happens when I'm doing nothing], Explorer starts running with each core at about 50% cpu usage, and does not stop. Temperatures and fan speeds rise, fans become very noisy. Speedfan indicates core temps rise...