Windows 10: CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop

Discus and support CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, since yesterday, I've seen that when I right click on desktop, my cpu usage increseases from 1-5% on idle to 20-30% for every right click (if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Antonio Vasile, Nov 27, 2018.

1. CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop

Hello, since yesterday, I've seen that when I right click on desktop, my cpu usage increseases from 1-5% on idle to 20-30% for every right click (if I spam it, it reaches 100%) I had no problem until yesterday and I don't know what should I do.

Here is a print screen of task manager -> cpu usage

Specifications

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 @3.20Ghz

- 8.00 GB RAM

- Windows 10 Pro versio 1809 build 17763.134

:)

Antonio Vasile, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

High CPU usage after windows 10 creators upgrade

Hi,

It's possible that you're experiencing this increase in CPU usage due to some programs on your computer that are incompatible with Creators Update. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could provide the proper resolution. We just
    have a few questions for you:

• Does this happen when you have a specific application open?

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Yolvi Ell, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 27, 2018
  4. CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop

1. CPU usage increases when I right click on desktop - Similar Threads - CPU usage increases

2. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  3. When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes: When I try to right click on my desktop to create another folder it takes ages or it crashes when I right click multiple times...I already tried to delete the registers, do recovery, even formatted my whole pc and when I entered after the wipe I had the same problem as...
  4. When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I Right Click on Desktop it is slow or it crashes: When I try to right click on my desktop to create another folder it takes ages or it crashes when I right click multiple times...I already tried to delete the registers, do recovery, even formatted my whole pc and when I entered after the wipe I had the same problem as...
  5. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in CPU usage on every app..: Recently, after an update, the cpu usage on most apps increased. Mainly all the browsers, whenever I refresh a page, watch a youtube video on 420p, scroll down on anything, the CPU usage strikes and then goes back to normal. I don't remember the updates so I can't delete...
  6. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in CPU usage on every app..: Recently, after an update, the cpu usage on most apps increased. Mainly all the browsers, whenever I refresh a page, watch a youtube video on 420p, scroll down on anything, the CPU usage strikes and then goes back to normal. I don't remember the updates so I can't delete...
  7. Increase in CPU usage on every app..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  9. increase cpu power usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    increase cpu power usage: I have AMD E2-9000e 1.50 GHZ duo core . when I start up my pc . it will be very smooth and good the CPU usage be 1.99-1.96 , but when I play on it for 1 hour or keep it power it on for 1 hour . the processor have been use the half of the processor power 0.79-0.80 . I need...
  10. save to desktop is not an option when I right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save to desktop is not an option when I right click: "save to desktop" is not an option when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-desktop-is-not-an-option-when-i-right/92103173-b318-487f-bd64-1f4f05ee8bac"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click on desktop cpu usage