Windows 10: CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager

Discus and support CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have no idea what is happening with my PC. It used to run fine till recently it starts lagging even on YOUTUBE!! because of this Malware or Virus? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nazar Al Rawahi, Dec 14, 2019.

1. CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager

I have no idea what is happening with my PC. It used to run fine till recently it starts lagging even on YOUTUBE!! because of this Malware or Virus? I am not sure at this point.

When I open task manager I see that my CPU usage is 100% then it instantly goes down to normal.. But I caught a sc..

I have i5 8600 with Gigabyte Motherboard

8GB ram

Zotac GTX 1080

My operating system is Windows 10 Pro

CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager b97adc65-4f65-4266-a726-987328d30faf?upload=true.png

This is really frustrating. Do I need to format and reinstall my windows to get rid of this issue? Or is it worse like my CPU is the issue?

Thank you in advance

:)

Nazar Al Rawahi, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Wuju22 Win User

100% CPU usage in task manager after upgrading to W10

Thank you Krishna for quick response however it is neither of those reasons. I think it is a bug, it only shows 100% cpu usage but everything works ok . Never had this issue before only started after i updated from windows 7 to 10. The procantage usage
    of cpu on some applications jumps from 5 to 70% in example : the task manager was "using" 80% of cpu and that just can't be right. Having said that i think the task manager's cpu usage shows wrong data (its bugged) somehow.

Wuju22, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Vintpüss Win User
    Windows 10 CPU Usage 100%

Hi!

I have been having problems with my CPU usage. It's always 100%, but nothing is running in the background. When I open Task Manager, the percentages jump up and down really weirdly. Once there is Task Manager using 70% of CPU, one second later it goes back
    down... Then comes like Discord on the top with again 50% CPU usage and again sec later it jumps back down... like It's constantly doing this with different programs like: System, System Interrupts, Chrome, Desktop Windows Manager...

Vintpüss, Dec 14, 2019
  4. CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager

high cpu usage when task manager is open

i am having issues with cpu usage when i bring up the task manger it shows that cpu usage is 59% with the task manager app using up 30-40% cpu usage in the performance tab it show that my cpu usage is at 80% usage but when using other programs to check
    my temps and cpu load etc is shows low 20s when gaming this can pin the cpu up at 100% in task manger

sionireland, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager

1. CPU usage jumps to 100% till I open task manager - Similar Threads - CPU usage jumps

2. CPU usage jumps when opening task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage jumps when opening task manager.: Hello. My CPU usage jumps when I open Task Manager. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-jumps-when-opening-task-manager/4ba4c9f7-0779-42fc-97f2-9ff7939c5c48
  3. CPU usage jumps when opening task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage jumps when opening task manager.: Hello. My CPU usage jumps when I open Task Manager. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-jumps-when-opening-task-manager/4ba4c9f7-0779-42fc-97f2-9ff7939c5c48
  4. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  5. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  6. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened: Recently, I have been seeing that my CPU temperature is extremely high 80C during idle or browsing internet and this changes when I open task manager to check what is using my CPU so much. As soon as i open task manager, my cpu usage goes down from 100% to 6-10%.I am familiar...
  8. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened: Recently, I have been seeing that my CPU temperature is extremely high 80C during idle or browsing internet and this changes when I open task manager to check what is using my CPU so much. As soon as i open task manager, my cpu usage goes down from 100% to 6-10%.I am familiar...
  9. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

10. My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager

My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager: I tried scanning the PC with Malwarebytes, and a few other tools. The results came out clean. I finally installed a fresh new copy of windows on PC. The CPU usage is still at 95-100% but goes down after a few seconds. I tried using a few third party tools to monitor the...