Windows 10: CPU usage of system tray clock

Discus and support CPU usage of system tray clock in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Still getting over the teething troubles of upgrading from Windows 7... I opened the Task Manager and found the System Tray clock was using 14% of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by simonc8, Jan 29, 2020.

1. simonc8 Win User

CPU usage of system tray clock

Still getting over the teething troubles of upgrading from Windows 7...

I opened the Task Manager and found the System Tray clock was using 14% of the CPU - permanently. ( I have also installed White Tiger T-Clock Redux which is running alongside this.) I stopped T-Clock, killed the System Tray Clock process then restarted T-Clock and everything seems to be working properly, and there is no process taking more than 1% of CPU.

Is there a way of disabling the System Tray clock process so it doesn't start and take all the CPU power when I restart Windows 10?

Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909

:)

simonc8, Jan 29, 2020
  2. simonc8 Win User

Thanks for the response. I'll turn off the automatic start on T-Clock, restart the computer and see what happens.

In the meantime here is the Task Manager screen immediately after starting Windows 10, and after stopping System Tray Clock Utility for Windows x64 Editions. You can see the T-Clock Redux application in the screen dump using 0%.

CPU usage of system tray clock [​IMG]

CPU usage of system tray clock [​IMG]

simonc8, Feb 26, 2020
  3. simonc8 Win User

Still getting over the teething troubles of upgrading from Windows 7...

I opened the Task Manager and found the System Tray clock was using 14% of the CPU - permanently. ( I have also installed White Tiger T-Clock Redux which is running alongside this.) I stopped T-Clock, killed the System Tray Clock process then restarted T-Clock and everything seems to be working properly, and there is no process taking more than 1% of CPU.

Is there a way of disabling the System Tray clock process so it doesn't start and take all the CPU power when I restart Windows 10?

Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909

simonc8, Feb 26, 2020
  4. vgchat Win User

What does your cpu usage look like for the clock with the extra programs: White Tiger T-Clock Redux disabled?

vgchat, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU usage of system tray clock - Similar Threads - CPU usage system

2. Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11: Is there anyway to adjust the position of the system tray and clock on the taskbar that doesn't involve moving the taskbar itself? I have an ultrawide monitor and the centered taskbar has been great, but for some reason the system tray and clock aren't part of it. I am trying...
  3. Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the clock and system tray in windows 11: Is there anyway to adjust the position of the system tray and clock on the taskbar that doesn't involve moving the taskbar itself? I have an ultrawide monitor and the centered taskbar has been great, but for some reason the system tray and clock aren't part of it. I am trying...
  4. CPU USAGE HIGH,, CLOCK SPEED LOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU USAGE HIGH,, CLOCK SPEED LOW: Hey thereSo I have a very strange issueMy PC has a RYZEN 5 5500U Its base speed is 2.10ghz and a turbo boost of 4.0ghzBut for some reason, it's been stuck on 1.81ghz or 1.20 GHz even at 18% utilization I don't know what is bottlenecking itI have another laptop also with a...
  5. CPU USAGE HIGH,, CLOCK SPEED LOW

CPU USAGE HIGH,, CLOCK SPEED LOW: Hey thereSo I have a very strange issueMy PC has a RYZEN 5 5500U Its base speed is 2.10ghz and a turbo boost of 4.0ghzBut for some reason, it's been stuck on 1.81ghz or 1.20 GHz even at 18% utilization I don't know what is bottlenecking itI have another laptop also with a...
  6. Show seconds in system tray clock option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show seconds in system tray clock option missing: hello, i just updated my windows 11 version to the latest update 22621.1778 which is moment 3. i don't have a option for show seconds in system tray clock. can someone help me?...
  7. Show seconds in system tray clock option missing

Show seconds in system tray clock option missing: hello, i just updated my windows 11 version to the latest update 22621.1778 which is moment 3. i don't have a option for show seconds in system tray clock. can someone help me?...
  8. System interrupts CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts CPU usage: Hey guys, i’ve recently stumbled across another problem with my laptop. Whenever i attach a monitor, it becomes extremely slow, and when i check my task manager, it says something called “system interrupts” is taking 80 to 100% of my CPU. Anybody know any solution? I’ve tried...
  9. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...
  10. Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I display the DAY on the system tray clock?: I have grown accustomed to having the day show in the system tray with the time and date... Now, I've been an IT guy now for going on about 15 years just about, so I DO know my way around... And I know it makes me sound like an old man who maybe shouldn't have windows 10 yet,...