Windows 10: CPU usage...overheating

Discus and support CPU usage...overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My CPU recently started overheating UNLESS I turn on my VPN. I suspect I may be hacked, is this possible? Thank you, Barbara... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbaraDrobile, Apr 13, 2021.

1. CPU usage...overheating

My CPU recently started overheating UNLESS I turn on my VPN.
    I suspect I may be hacked, is this possible?
    Thank you,

Barbara

:)

BarbaraDrobile, Apr 13, 2021
  2. eses Win User

CPU Overheating + Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page STOP:0x0000012B

CPU usage...overheating [​IMG]

These are my temperatures while running my usual apps:
    -DotA2
    -Steam
    -Google Chrome (Facebook, YouTube and 3 other forum websites)

CPU usage:

Memory usage:

Per app CPU and Memory usage:

EDIT: Added CPU and Memory usage

3. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Apr 13, 2021
  4. CPU usage...overheating

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

CPU usage...overheating

1. CPU usage...overheating - Similar Threads - CPU usage overheating

2. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  3. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  4. CPU Utilization and Overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  5. CPU Utilization and Overheating

CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  6. CPU Overheating!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  7. CPU Overheating!!!

CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  8. Task Manager unexpectedly high cpu usage and therefore resulting in cpu overheating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager unexpectedly high cpu usage and therefore resulting in cpu overheating: For a while now I've noticed that the CPU fan is running louder than normal - every time I bring up task manager to check what is using the CPU I find that Task Manager is running at anywhere between 15 to 30%.Within a about a second the Task Manager returns to normal 0.1 to...
  9. RAM Usage & Overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Usage & Overheating: I re-installed Windows 10 a few months ago using the ISO. This month, a few days back, I realized that the disk was MBR. So, I converted to GPT using CMD. But, now I am noticing that after converting to GPT, the RAM is unusually high and my computer heats up too fast. The...
  10. CPU Overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Overheating: Recently, I have been having a problem of high CPU temperature. It usually begins with 40C, then quickly goes up to the upper 80’s especially if I try running a game. I use Speccy to monitor the temperature. I have completed a whole clean up of the PC and had the same...