Windows 10: CPU Usage Question

Discus and support CPU Usage Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just a quick question. Is it normal for your CPU usage to fluctuate up to 30% to 40% when scrolling through web pages such as Facebook and then drop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nihil66861986, May 27, 2019.

1. CPU Usage Question

Just a quick question. Is it normal for your CPU usage to fluctuate up to 30% to 40% when scrolling through web pages such as Facebook and then drop to a normal range of 3% to 8% when you are done scrolling?

:)

nihil66861986, May 27, 2019

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 27, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 27, 2019
  4. CPU Usage Question

Random CPU usage spikes

Hello,

User profile corruption can cause high CPU usage as it
    opens programs that are not necessary on the background
    . To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your computer to see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 27, 2019
Thema:

CPU Usage Question

1. CPU Usage Question - Similar Threads - CPU Usage Question

2. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage: This is regarding my PC . why is my CPU being under utilized? Only 9% of it is being used and even when i launch games like VALORANT , ROBLOX etc. I open task manager and take a look and only 4% of my cpu is being used on the game that was launched. Any tips?...
  3. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage: This is regarding my PC . why is my CPU being under utilized? Only 9% of it is being used and even when i launch games like VALORANT , ROBLOX etc. I open task manager and take a look and only 4% of my cpu is being used on the game that was launched. Any tips?...
  4. CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage: I have noticed recently my fans in my PC and my CPU fan in particular have been running way master and making much more noise, whenever I open task manager to check what running it will show task manager itself using 20%-40% of my CPU as well as sometimes showing google using...
  5. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage: I have noticed recently my fans in my PC and my CPU fan in particular have been running way master and making much more noise, whenever I open task manager to check what running it will show task manager itself using 20%-40% of my CPU as well as sometimes showing google using...
  6. Task Manager CPU Usage Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager CPU Usage Question: Sometimes, when my computer slows down tremendously, and I open the Task Manager to try and see what process is causing the problem, the CPU usage reading at the top is showing something like 85%. But all the entries in that column are showing 0%. How do I determine what...
  7. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage: I have 100% cpu usage while gaming. Im not sure if this is connected with my problem that i cant open some of my games and applications. What should i do to lower cpu usage any solutions? submitted by /u/Ezak_Vojta [link] [comments]...
  8. CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage: I'm stumped. Been trying for longer than I'd care to admit. I have a gaming rig and an old ROG gaming laptop, they're not similar at all, both always idle at a CPU usage of above 50 percent and if I so much as click on the start menu it spikes to 99 percent. I've disabled...
  9. CPU Usage Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage Question: Just a quick question. Is it normal for your CPU usage to fluctuate up to 30% to 40% when scrolling through web pages such as Facebook and then drop to a normal range of 3% to 8% when you are done scrolling? 133448
  10. CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage: I have found that my CPU usage is running at 30%, due to Service Host: Local System (15). I have the list of the 15 processes, but how do I find which one is using all the power? Thank You [img] 26177