Windows 10: CPU Usage

Discus and support CPU Usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have found that my CPU usage is running at 30%, due to Service Host: Local System (15). I have the list of the 15 processes, but how do I find which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by john3650, Oct 12, 2015.

1. john3650 Win User

CPU Usage

I have found that my CPU usage is running at 30%, due to Service Host: Local System (15). I have the list of the 15 processes, but how do I find which one is using all the power?

Thank You

CPU Usage [​IMG]

:)

john3650, Oct 12, 2015
  2. Joe...J Win User

Windows 10 extreme CPU usage

Thanks, but yes I was definitely seeing this issue while that trace was recorded.

Task manager was constantly showing 100% CPU usage and Resource monitor shows silly numbers for the CPU usage (40441489%).

If I sum the numbers under CPU in the Processes tab in Resource monitor, it matches the values shown in the trace (i.e., CPU usage is not 100%, but the charts and summary total at the top of the processes tab are maxed out.

In task manager the CPU usage numbers seem to be normalised to 100%.

i.e. they are constantly changing but seem to always add up to 100%.

I think that the CPU usage reported in the trace is correct, but Task Manager and Resource monitor are doing something wrong?

Joe...J, Oct 12, 2015
  3. WMI Provider Host is using significant CPU activity on my laptop with window 10. Is this a problem and is this slowing down my laptop?

Should I be doing anything concerning the amount of CPU usage taken by WMI Providr Host, 15 to 22% CPU usage ?

Claude Boucher 7, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

CPU Usage

1. CPU Usage - Similar Threads - CPU Usage

2. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  3. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  4. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...
  6. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...
  7. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

8. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  9. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  10. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...