Windows 10: CPU use too high, audio crackles

Discus and support CPU use too high, audio crackles in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! A remote Microsoft agent recently did "configuration" changes and in-place upgrades to fix my unresponsive keyboard and touchpad (they work once in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xicus, Oct 11, 2019.

1. xicus Win User

CPU use too high, audio crackles

• Hi! A remote Microsoft agent recently did "configuration" changes and in-place upgrades to fix my unresponsive keyboard and touchpad (they work once in a while, and if I boot to Linux flash drive they work great).
    • Keyboard and touchpad still don't work, and now the CPU is always busy for some reason--30-40% even when I'm not doing anything, and peaks constantly. And audio from MP3s or YouTube stutters and crackles.
    • Windows reports all drivers are up to date, no updates available. I've run so many diagnostics but they report everything fine. I've rebooted numerous times, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers numerous times.
    • This is a young Lenovo with 16GB RAM and i5-7300 CPU that I've kept pretty lean just for audio production. It was slippery until some kind of update killed the keyboard/touchpad and now it's so slow.

:)

xicus, Oct 11, 2019

2. High CPU usage of audiodg.exe and sound crackles.

Hi

I am using Windows 10 Creators Update (OS Build 15063.13) on DELL 5378 2-in-1 notebook. I tried all above steps , uninstall / reinstall etc. Realtek Audio Driver version is 6.0.1.8029 (Latest from DELL / Windows Update )

Issues

1. Sound Crackles (even in headphone)

2. audiodg.exe is taking 4-7% CPU when any music file is played.

Due to above high CPU use (even when all audio enhancement disabled), my Laptop heats up quickly and CPU usage remains always high.

Same music played on my another dell laptop with realtek HD driver running windows 7 shows ~0% CPU Use.

Akhilesh

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AkhileshDwivedi, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Oct 11, 2019
  4. CPU use too high, audio crackles

Windows 10 Crackling Audio

I work as a DJ and recognize that crackle in other equipment. It's not something a driver installation will fix. It's what happens when speakers are underpowered by an amp. In this case the amp is being regulated to underpower by the Microsoft power settings.
    Go to the battery icon in the bottom right corner. Click on "power and sleep setting." Where it says under "Related settings" click "additional power settings." If "High Performance" isn't an option listed there you can find it under "Show Additional Plans."
    Select it. You're going to be using your battery faster but you'll probably kill or at least diminish the crackle. I have to keep this as my default setting and just keep my laptop plugged in for the most part because for me audio crackle at a gig is like
    farting in church, sure you can do it, but you're sitting in your own pew. In the end Microsoft will have to fix this.

Droidzilla22, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

CPU use too high, audio crackles

1. CPU use too high, audio crackles - Similar Threads - CPU too high

2. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  3. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  4. Windows 11 Audio Crackling when CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Audio Crackling when CPU usage is high: System:CPU: Intel i5-12400fMB: MSI PRO B660-A DDR4GPU: Intel Arc A770RAM: 16GB G-Skill 3200MHzPSU: Corsair CX650MCPU Fan: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SEOS: Windows 11Hi everyone, i have a problem with my recent build. I upgraded my MB and CPU recently, aswell as...
  5. Windows 11 Audio Crackling when CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Audio Crackling when CPU usage is high: System:CPU: Intel i5-12400fMB: MSI PRO B660-A DDR4GPU: Intel Arc A770RAM: 16GB G-Skill 3200MHzPSU: Corsair CX650MCPU Fan: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SEOS: Windows 11Hi everyone, i have a problem with my recent build. I upgraded my MB and CPU recently, aswell as...
  6. Audio crackling, high DPC count ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio crackling, high DPC count ACPI.sys: [ATTACH] Hi, First things first, system info: Windows 10 x64 V 10.0.18363 CPU: i9-9900K MB: Asus Rog Maximus XI Hero GPU: Aorus Gefore 1080Ti Ram: 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Audio Interface: Komplete Audio 6 The issue: I've been trying to fix my audio...
  7. cpu is too high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu is too high: cpu is too high [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-too-high/c266743c-bbc6-4fe3-a872-dbbb274b189b
  8. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?: This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then the audio started to...
  9. Too high frequency of CPU

Too high frequency of CPU: My CPU started working at 95% to 105% all the time. Could you help me how to get it back to the standby mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/too-high-frequency-of-cpu/642d599d-5ddd-4914-b49d-2d349172e739
  10. CPU Frequency Too High

CPU Frequency Too High: Recently my CPU is operating at 97% to 104% all the time. How can I throttle it back to idle? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-frequency-too-high/2cc1e580-8610-4dce-a7bf-ee8b6630536b