Windows 10: CPU utilization at 100% and I can't figure out why!

Discus and support CPU utilization at 100% and I can't figure out why! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MoistMouse69 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoistMouse69, Dec 3, 2020.

1. CPU utilization at 100% and I can't figure out why!

/u/MoistMouse69, Dec 3, 2020
  2. ivanma72 Win User

CPU utilization >100%

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, and discovered a weird problem when opening task manager where CPU utilization was always at 100%. I did a clean install of Windows 10 to make sure it wasn't application specific, but still the same problem.

This problem is very strange because utilization doesn't seem to be tied to a specific process- it just always seems to add up to 100%. Resource monitor actually shows CPU Usage to be in the million%, which is definitely wrong. No performance degradation,
    CPU temps are very normal, and even third-party programs such as Speedfan and CoreTemp are reporting negligible CPU usage (1%-2% idle).

I have tried disabling all startup applications, doing sfc /scannow, viewing reliability history, and restarting multiple times. No luck

ivanma72, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    CPU utilization >100%

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The issue could be due to some Software/update causing the issue. I would suggest you to press the
    Shift key and hold the power button so that it will go to the
    recovery options, Select safe mode and boot to the desktop. Once you are able to boot to the desktop, check for the CPU utilization.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Dec 3, 2020
  4. JoeCerra Win User

CPU utilization at 100% and I can't figure out why!

Windows 10 100% disk utilization

I have a relatively new laptop (Christmas 2017) noticed that it was running slow. In Task Manager it is showing 100% disk utilization.

I have scoured the web and have tried all applicable fixes and have not resolved the issue.

this is maddening anyone have any suggestions

only 7% cpu, 40% memory 100% disk, 0% network

thanks in advance

JoeCerra, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

CPU utilization at 100% and I can't figure out why!

1. CPU utilization at 100% and I can't figure out why! - Similar Threads - CPU utilization 100%

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. can't figure out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't figure out!: Hello, it seems i can't locate the right site for my rog strix z490-h gaming from asus. If someone friendly and knowledgeable enough to help me find it, i would be really happy. Is there a failsafe way to find for any motherboard, i would be relieved to know it too,Best...
  5. I can't figure it out . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't figure it out . .: I accidentally unpinned Google, from my taskbar.So I deleted, and reinstalled it.After reinstalling it. I realized.There was something I had to do.I created a folder, named storage.I put everything in that folder, as a backup.But, after putting just a few things in there.It...
  6. Continuous crashes can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes can't figure out why: Recently my laptop keeps crashing whenever I try to do something normal on it... sometimes it crashes suddenly after logging in and sometimes I can use it for like 4-8 hours in a stretchI tried searching on the event logs and couldn't find anything which points towards the...
  7. Cortana is using 100% utilization in CPU

in Cortana
    Cortana is using 100% utilization in CPU: Hello! I got a problem with one of my devices. After upgrading the PC to 20H1 from 1909, Cortana always seems to be using 100% of the CPU, causing huge noises in the fan and throttling the performance. Is there is a method to fix this problem? Specifications Intel Core i7...
  8. Fortnite suddenly 100% Cpu utilization?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fortnite suddenly 100% Cpu utilization?: Hello, everyone, I played Fortnite last night. There I had about 40 Fps on my laptop. The Gpu was used 100% and the Cpu about 30%. Now we come to my problem. I just started Fortnitre and now only 13 Fps at 100% Cpu and 50% Gpu. How can that be? And how can I solve this?...
  9. I have a problem and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem and I can't figure out why: I have recently realized that everytime I open up the settings, my whole screen turns pitch black (like not even open black) but when it is opened up in windowed, my screens just as fine. I think I may have messed with something that I can't think of right now but it will be...
  10. I can't figure this out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't figure this out?: I have three folders, in this order. Movies - Videos - Pictures. Movies and Pictures, display a list. But, the Videos folder, has a a problem . . . When I open the Videos folder, the list is there, but the list has lines separating the video files, with, this week, last...