Windows 10: CPU utilization issue

Discus and support CPU utilization issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Having trouble with task manager not resetting the "Total processor utilization across all cores". [img] This has happened to me before on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jsmain, May 15, 2016.

1. jsmain Win User

CPU utilization issue

Having trouble with task manager not resetting the "Total processor utilization across all cores".

CPU utilization issue [​IMG]

This has happened to me before on the original insiders version of W10, and the only way I was able to fix it was to do a clean install. That was in February, and it's happened again. Not sure what is causing it, but if I am unable to resolve what the cause is, and get it repaired, I am looking at dropping 10 all together, and going back to 8.1.

Something appears to be keeping the processor busy, but yet it is still quite responsive. I believe the info provided is false. The system is in fact, just as responsive with this problem, as it was prior to this happening. This wasn't the case with the Insider build however. It was actively keeping the processor much busier than it is now.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

jsmain, May 15, 2016
  2. DoggieEar Win User

high trottling CPU speed after install build 1607 in Windows 10

I'm using a AMD FX-8350 CPU (4GHz max), before that, CPU speed hover around less than 1GHz when idling, e.g. no CPU utilization ~0%, it will slowly increase above 1GHz when around 20% and will increase to almost 100% (4GHz) when reach above 70 to 80% CPU
    utilization.

After installing build 1607, CPU stay idle at 1.3GHz and increases immediately to 100% (4GHz) when CPU utilization goes to 10%! This make the CPU running hot most of the time! May I know is there's a fix to this issue? I'm using Task manager to monitor the
    above.

DoggieEar, May 15, 2016
  3. Vijay B Win User
    CPU utilization >100%

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The issue could be due to some Software/update causing the issue. I would suggest you to press the
    Shift key and hold the power button so that it will go to the
    recovery options, Select safe mode and boot to the desktop. Once you are able to boot to the desktop, check for the CPU utilization.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, May 15, 2016
  4. jsmain Win User

CPU utilization issue

Being as I never got a breath of life in the post, I tried a reset of Win 10, as I have not tried that as yet. It's about as close to a clean install you can get, but without losing any data. Just have to once again, re-install all my apps. I'd have preferred a solution that didn't take this much work, but at least I have solved this issue, and done it myself at that.

I would have thought as much as I've seen this on my setup, that it would have been a bit more common. Kind of like when an update is ready, the start menu goes dead, making it slightly difficult to get to the power menu to reboot. At least clicking on the desktop, and doing alt-f4 gives me an alternate power dialog that gets the job done.

jsmain, May 17, 2016
Thema:

CPU utilization issue

1. CPU utilization issue - Similar Threads - CPU utilization issue

2. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  3. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  4. CPU Utilization and Overheating

CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  5. CPU utilization in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization in desktop: My CPU is 2% in idle, but my CPU utilization in 100% even on idle. Is it normal to have a high CPU utilization even if there are no apps running? CPU:2%CPU utilization: 100%Thanks, appreciate it....
  6. CPU utilization in desktop

CPU utilization in desktop: My CPU is 2% in idle, but my CPU utilization in 100% even on idle. Is it normal to have a high CPU utilization even if there are no apps running? CPU:2%CPU utilization: 100%Thanks, appreciate it....
  7. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  8. CPU Utilization

CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  9. CPU Utilization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%...
  10. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization: The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389