Windows 10: CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue?

Discus and support CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Old dell xps 15 9550 laptop i5-6300hq processor 32gb ram 1tb nvme ssd windows 10 pro I had mentioned a while back i upgraded this laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by paulyjustin, Jan 20, 2021.

1. CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue?

Old dell xps 15 9550 laptop

i5-6300hq processor

32gb ram

1tb nvme ssd

windows 10 pro

I had mentioned a while back i upgraded this laptop with the new ssd and ram and it started to be faster.

I use chrome and have tons of windows/tabs. Example imagine 6 tabs... but each tab could have 8 windows each etc. It could be more or less.

I then noticed when i was on chrome... the cpu was very high... it spiked to 100% and stayed there for a while... dropped down a bit... but always seemed to go back to to 100% etc. The only time this usually happens i notice is when i do the windows virus scan though

I then restarted my laptop. The cpu when nothing is opened is under 5% usage. As you know when you open chrome... i have it always open from the last saved page etc... it would always spike up to 100%... since well it would open like 50 plus pages sometimes through all those tabs. But every single time though... it would drop all the way back down to 50% or so... but it would not go higher than 80% unless i try to f5 many of those pages at the same time.

Now what i notice was... it kept going back up to 100% in cpu. But not only that... when i check task manager... you see how they have the

google chrome (80) ... the number in the parenthesis... is that how much chrome tabs you currently have opened? Because i notice that number is never right whether i have 20 tabs or 50 tabs or say 100 tabs. But not only that... it kept going back to 100% cpu each time. I then decided to close many of my tabs and only have like 2 or 3 tables... which totaled maybe 20pages. Now... it showed google chrome (101) all the way down to only (80)... which makes zero sense at all. Does the computer think i have 80 tabs opened or something when its no more than 20?

I then decided to close 2 more tabs... and only have 1 tab... and only like two windows on that. Then the cpu drops all the way down. Anyone can tell me why im having these issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Right now i have 3 google chrome windows opened... total tabs on each are 2, 6 and 3... so total 11 tabs total.

But on task manager it shows

google chrome (20)

Can someone explain why that shouldn't show (11)?

:)

paulyjustin, Jan 20, 2021

2. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi.

My PC runs slow.

When I click on Task Manager, I always see a High CPU usage from Windows Defender and Google Chrome.

Any suggestion to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Thanks

Francesco

francesckosky, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 20, 2021
  4. CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue?

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue?

1. CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue? - Similar Threads - CPU% Very High

2. sluggish issues and google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sluggish issues and google chrome: PLEASE HELP!1. So, I booted up a game on steam that ended up crashing and I decided after waiting, to physically press and hold down the power button my laptop so I could do a shut down. 2. my laptop restarted and updated what I can only presume is a windows update. FYI I...
  3. Ram and CPU usage is very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  4. Cpu usage very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  5. Google Chrome Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Issues: Hi everyone anytime I open up google chrome it shortly there after crashes no error message or anything. When I open google chrome a windows sound plays I’m not sure what it’s called though. Does anyone have any ideas submitted by /u/SpokenThread [link] [comments]...
  6. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome High CPU Usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostMC07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlz1t9/google_chrome_high_cpu_usage/
  7. Issue logging in to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue logging in to Google Chrome: Is there a setting that, as before, will not have the computer ask if I want to modify settings each time I log in to Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-logging-in-to-google-chrome/a1022414-5747-4c2a-b18a-2d27f510b95c
  8. Google Chrome Very Slow Start

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Very Slow Start: Hi and sorry for my English I installed Google Chrome and I have as in Windows 10 as my default browser before had Firefox ... The problem is that when I start Chrome it takes about 1 minute or more to load. Once started it does not give me problems of slowness, it's just the...
  9. Google Chrome Spiking CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Google Chrome Spiking CPU: As the title says google chrome will go from using 6% CPU to 75% without me doing anything. And just in comparison when I play Fortnite it only uses about 20% of my CPU. This just makes no sense to me....
  10. Very high CPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...