Windows 10: CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this...

Discus and support CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there something odd here? Voltage CPU CORE 1.072 V MEMORY CONTROLLER 3.008 V +5V 5.027 V +12V 4.480 V -12V -8.576 V -5V -8.576 V +5V HIGH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chipwood, Nov 16, 2016.

1. chipwood Win User

CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this...

Is there something odd here?
    Some of the right hand figures differ substantially from those on the left. Do they tell me anything? It all looks a bit odd.

:)

chipwood, Nov 16, 2016

2. Faulty_hardware_corrupted_page(Blue Screen Error)

If possible consider OpenHardware Monitor (free) to find out your realtime cpu and gpu temperatures to rule out overheating.

Also make a note of your voltages in openhardware monitor, they must be within 5% of spec for the computer to run right, ie..5% of 12v , 5% of 3v ect.

You can also get the cpu temp and voltages in bios.

Andrew P Jones, Nov 16, 2016
  3. grapehut Win User
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

now i increased my vcore voltage, will let u know if something happens, it could also happen cause i just changed my full Harware ( Mainboard CPU RAM GPU ) without clean windows 10 install. if this issue will coutiune i will clean install win10

grapehut, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

What software did you use to get those readings? Can you post the full screen shot of that?

As a guess, that looks like the volts from your PSU ... and those all look normal.

Plankton, Nov 16, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    The +12V should be 12V +/- 5%. But, if the computer runs, those voltages are not right. The computer could not run if the 12V rail was 4.480.

essenbe, Nov 16, 2016
  6. chipwood Win User
    The details were taken from Speccy, and are part of the section related to the motherboard, I have now attached a notepad file of the whole screen.

My computer is not the youngest and problems arose recently, but are now solved, but the stats here seemed a little strange, so I wanted to know if what I saw was a warning sign.

chipwood, Nov 16, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    The only thing I see wrong is the +12V. However, I am reasonably sure it is just a false reading. At that voltage the computer wouldn't run at all. So, it seems you just have an incorrect meeting or a faulty sensor on the motherboard. Neither one has anything to do with how your computer runs.

essenbe, Nov 16, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

No problem. You are quite welcome.

essenbe, Nov 16, 2016
  9. chipwood Win User
    Sorry to some back, but does a sensor on a nearly seven year old system point even vaguely to a need to replace?

chipwood, Nov 17, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    No. Actually, I don't believe you can. It is more likely that the software can't read it correctly.

essenbe, Nov 17, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    Your PC wouldn't run as others have said if your voltages were that far out. It seems you may have a problem with the motherboard sensors or software. You could try different monitoring software. I use CPU ID Hardware Monitor HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

Steve C, Nov 18, 2016
  12. chipwood Win User
    @ Steve C There's lots of info there, but I own up to not being clever at all in its use. What did confuse me especially was
    . How can something not in Antarctica have such a temperature. The two "saving" options' info with its binaries means little to me, but I guess might be to the right persons. Shall I upload them?

chipwood, Nov 18, 2016
  13. Steve C Win User

My reading for TMPIN2 (motherboard sensor?) is +22 degC. I suspect you may have hardware fault with your motherboard sensor or perhaps you have no sensor for the output HWINFO is looking for?

I would just click on the Set - Up English link. The other link is just the same file in compressed Zip format

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CPU Voltages: Is there something odd in this... - Similar Threads - CPU Voltages something

2. Is there something going on ? system acting odd after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there something going on ? system acting odd after install: My system has been having major issues with it seemingly deleting its self, and i can not figure this out. ill attach some of the system logs, but is win 11. ive reinstalled upwards of 30-40 times over the course of the last 3 months because it has been so unstable =/. Even...
  3. Is there something going on ? system acting odd after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there something going on ? system acting odd after install: My system has been having major issues with it seemingly deleting its self, and i can not figure this out. ill attach some of the system logs, but is win 11. ive reinstalled upwards of 30-40 times over the course of the last 3 months because it has been so unstable =/. Even...
  4. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  5. Something odd that happens when I get a BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something odd that happens when I get a BSOD: Often, when I get a BSOD (which happens a lot since I've gotten the update), when my computer is rebooted I get a message saying "You need to provide administrator access to delete this folder", and the folder in question is usually my entire C: folder. Any tips as to why...
  6. Worry Voltage with CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Worry Voltage with CPU: Hey guys, so since installing my AMD 3700x on a MSI Gaming pro carbon wifi everything as been fantastic, well apart from temperatures and voltage for the cpu. I have not overclocked the CPU just enabled X.M.P in bios, I'm using an air cooler with two Corsair SP120mm fans with...
  7. Bad CPU or Something Else???

Bad CPU or Something Else???: Hi all, I am having this issue with an old PC that I was trying to resurrect as an "Internet Browsing/Youtube" computer for our house guest and the specs of the PC is Intel Core 2 X6800 + Asus P5Q (Latest BIOS 2209) + 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 Pro (1909)...
  8. Ich10r max voltage.

Ich10r max voltage.: I have an x58 motherboard witch have an ich10 r sata controller. Can u tell me witch is the max safe voltage fo ich10 r (southbridge)? I searched in intel site but i coulden find it. Thnx 46632
  9. Possible CPU Overheat... or something

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Possible CPU Overheat... or something: When I was playing a game all of the sudden it crashed, my monitor went to sleep and I hear a fan inside my computer starting to blow like crazy. Since nothing else seems to happen I turned off the computer by holding the on/off-switch. This has happen with three graphicly...
  10. Something's Odd Is Happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Something's Odd Is Happening: I have Windows 10 Home 64bit operating system installed on my desktop computer. Recently, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox version 52.0.2 (64bit) on my computer and was successful because I have tried many times before without success. However, my elation was short-lived as the...