Windows 10: CPU won't go above 23% utilization

Discus and support CPU won't go above 23% utilization in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom built PC. specs are below. After some recent problems and a full windows reinstall it seems that my CPU won't go above 23%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trigot, Dec 12, 2018.

1. trigot Win User

CPU won't go above 23% utilization

I have a custom built PC. specs are below. After some recent problems and a full windows reinstall it seems that my CPU won't go above 23% utilization. I have set the power plan to high performance and am using Prime95 to attempt to stress the CPU. When I look in the BIOS everything looks correct. The CPU temp is reasonable, it detects the CPU as 3.4ghz. Windows also detects that the model of the CPU is correct and lists it as 3.4ghz in system properties. When viewing the CPU on the performance tab of task manager is lists the speed as 0.78 GHz and that number never changes. It's like it's stuck on that number. Any help on how to troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated!

CPU: Core I7-6700 @ 3.4ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H

Bios Version: F22e (latest)

Graphics: Onboard Intel 530

RAM: 16gb DDR4 2133
    PSU: 550w
    Power plan: High performance

Edit:

Additional Troubleshooting steps:

Reset BIOS to default values - Issue still occurs.

:)

trigot, Dec 12, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. OneMoar Win User
    Sapphire R9 280x won't display on a new build

you need to follow the steps I listed ...

OneMoar, Dec 12, 2018
  4. CPU won't go above 23% utilization

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

CPU won't go above 23% utilization

1. CPU won't go above 23% utilization - Similar Threads - CPU won't above

2. CPU won't go above 28% ~0.78 GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU won't go above 28% ~0.78 GHz: Hi.backgound:I found a few other threads with the same issue on this forum, but no solution that worked for me. This thread features the last solution I tried to no...
  3. CPU won't go above 28% ~0.78 GHz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU won't go above 28% ~0.78 GHz: Hi.backgound:I found a few other threads with the same issue on this forum, but no solution that worked for me. This thread features the last solution I tried to no...
  4. CPU won't go above 28% ~0.78 GHz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  6. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  7. Battery percent won't go above 30

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery percent won't go above 30: So my laptop charges perfectly till 30% and as soon as it reaches 30 the charging indicator light which was orange goes off - neither orange nor black. The percentage then does not increase. I have been facing this problem for 2 days now. How do i fix this ? Here's what I...
  8. Third monitor won't go above 1024x768

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor won't go above 1024x768: I have a laptop running Windows 10 build 10.0.17763.1637. Video is an onboard Intel UHD 620 video card. I'm running the driver version 26.20.100.8142 My dock has 3 video ports, and I'd like to use all of them. My old configuration was Video 1- HDMI- 1920x1280 Video 2-...
  9. CPU utilization is able to go above the maximum I set in power plan.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization is able to go above the maximum I set in power plan.: Hello everyone, My PC has a problem where, if the processor state gets too high, the computer will overheat and the screen will freeze. If this happens I have to force restart the computer by holding down the power button. For a long time I was able to solve this by setting...
  10. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization: The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389