Windows 10: CPU won't go into sleep mode after idling time since update 2004

Discus and support CPU won't go into sleep mode after idling time since update 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Desktop PC wit AMD FX CPU, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS version 2004 -- I did not force it. Since the upgrade, the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cheerful, Aug 5, 2020.

1. cheerful Win User

CPU won't go into sleep mode after idling time since update 2004

Hi,

Desktop PC wit AMD FX CPU, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS version 2004 -- I did not force it.

Since the upgrade, the monitor will turn off when idling time reached threshold. But CPU will not go into sleep mode automatically (keyboard & mouse both show LED light). Password is required on wake-up so I'm sure it never went into sleep.

Using power option to set it to sleep works. However, there are timers wake it up periodically. Once awake, it won't go into sleep automatically.

I have searched and found a few threads. Things I have tried.

SFC and DISM - passed
    Upgraded video driver from nVidia
    Uninstalled Symantec Endpoint version
    Check for updates - none

The problem remains.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot to identify the problem? Otherwise I'd have to go back to previous version.

Thanks

:)

cheerful, Aug 5, 2020

2. PC won't go to sleep mode after Upgrading SSD to Windows 10

Old title: Windows 10 / SSD won't idle

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to an SSD with Windows 8, my computer wouldn't go to sleep on its own. Now with Windows 10, the computer won't even idle, go to screensaver mode, lock itself, or sleep either.

I tried reverting my power options to defaults, but it didn't help. I have turn off the monitor after 30 minutes, which doesn't work, and sleep after 45 minutes, and that doesn't work either.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Oriel Shaked, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Computer Frequently Sleeps after Short Idling Time

My Computer keeps going into sleep mode after a very short idling time (about two minutes or less). Under power options, it is set to go into sleep mode after 30minutes, and even before then, it’s meant to turn off screen after 25min idling time. It however
    skips the ‘turn off screen’ part and goes directly to sleep so i keep going through the logging in phase.

JamesKimathi, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Wingo101 Win User

Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

My pc goes to sleep after about 1 hour of idle time. Is it safe to put the pc in sleep mode?

Won't it decrease the lifetime of the gpu, cpu, etc. If they are turned off and on straight-away?

Wingo101, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU won't go into sleep mode after idling time since update 2004 - Similar Threads - CPU won't sleep

2. Windows 11 won't sleep after idle time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't sleep after idle time: Hello all. I am having a problem with my system sleeping whilst idle. It wont do it. I have tried every fix I can find including changing plan settings within Windows to using the "sfc /scannow" command in the CMD. I have prevented devices from waking Windows in the device...
  3. Windows 11 won't sleep after idle time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't sleep after idle time: Hello all. I am having a problem with my system sleeping whilst idle. It wont do it. I have tried every fix I can find including changing plan settings within Windows to using the "sfc /scannow" command in the CMD. I have prevented devices from waking Windows in the device...
  4. CPU won't go into sleep mode after idling time since update 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU won't go into sleep mode after idling time since update 2004: Hi, Desktop PC wit AMD FX CPU, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS version 2004 -- I did not force it. Since the upgrade, the monitor will turn off when idling time reached threshold. But CPU will not go into sleep mode automatically (keyboard & mouse both show...
  5. CPU won't go into sleep automatically after upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU won't go into sleep automatically after upgrade to version 2004: Hi, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Recently upgraded to OS version 2004 Since the upgrade, the monitor will turn off when idling time reached threshold. But CPU will not go into sleep mode automatically. Password is required on wake-up so I'm sure it never went into sleep....
  6. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...
  7. Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't "wake up" after going to sleep ever since the new update.: There used to be a handy function in Settings > Troubleshooting called "Hardware" but it seems Microsoft got rid of it for some reason. Is there a way to get that back? Also, when my computer goes to sleep, I move the mouse and hit keys on the keyboard and it doesn't wake up...
  8. PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Go Into Sleep Mode: Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum in which to post this - apologies if I'm wrong. I have an Acer Revo One that is installed with Win 10 build 1803 that refuses to go into Sleep Mode. The display closes as specified, but the PC itself won't. Having...
  9. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  10. computer will not go into sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Support
    computer will not go into sleep mode after update: We updated from 8.1 to Windows 10 and now the computer will not go automatically into sleep mode. How to fix? 16918