Windows 10: CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16

Discus and support CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had two 8 gig sticks in slots 1&3 for some time. Bought 2 more of the exact same Crucial ram sticks and plugged them into slots 2&4. Bios sees 32,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davemha, Aug 26, 2020.

1. davemha Win User

CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16

I've had two 8 gig sticks in slots 1&3 for some time. Bought 2 more of the exact same Crucial ram sticks and plugged them into slots 2&4. Bios sees 32, Windows 10 sees 16 still. CPU-Z also sees all 4 of the sticks and reports 32G.

Tried using just the new sticks in slots 2&4. Sees both.
    Tried using just the new sticks in slots 1&3. Sees both.

Updated all the drivers, except the latest Windows 10 update - can't do that right now because I would have to uninstall an application it doesn't like.

"BOOT Advanced Options" doesn't have a max memory limit set.

MB is ECS Z87H3-A3X.

CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16 [​IMG]

:)

davemha, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Dor.S Win User

BIOS / Windows 10 wont read 32gb ram, only 16

x99-a 3.1 usb motherboard
    i bought new 2x sticks of ram and i notice they different from the ones i had, i dont know if the problem is in bios or the sticks,
    the only diffrence is the first couple model is
    Kingston KHX2133C14D4/8G 8GB and the second one is Kingston KHX2133C14/8G 8GB
    they both 2133Mhz and they both cpl14 , all four are the same except that model the difference that letter D4 at the end.
    +++
    i cannot update my bios x99-a, i read everything in the web and i tried to change file names and i cant update my bios, current version is 1901.
    sorry if my English is not good.
    thank you for help.

EDIT :
    I added photos, lets make this by order,

1. Heres the photo of my Ram i bought, 2 i own and 2 that are new.
    2. Here is how i placement them, by asus manual. (in the grey ones)
    3. Heres what it looks in the bios (its still not update here,)
    4. it cannot see the new ram installed, after digging and searching the web trying to understand what to do, i found in the FAQ way that says remove the MCOM battery and resotre it back , after that magic happend and only after restart it dissapers
      1. i found out also a way telling me to change the DRAM SVID Support to disable it, and change the voltage to 1.3 but it didnt help. so i put it back

6.ive tried to update the bios and mange to do it but still it aint working as expected to work still not seeing the ram.

1. ive tried to change and mix all the rams and even if i put only the new ram sticks they work and they show 16 gb in the windows, but if i put all four together they dont work.
    2. CPU-z shows 32gb ram,

http://imgur.com/a/xUI4I HERES THE LINK TO ALL PHOTOS

http://imgur.com/KDrbhfI
    but windows see only 16 gb. and bios.

My Pc specs,

Asus x99-a express / i7-5820k 3.3ghz // gtx 750ti (old CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16 :( )

Dor.S, Aug 26, 2020
  3. niciuffo Win User
    BIOS and Windows see 8Gigs, Cpu-z 16

Set VCCSA to 1.05, no changes. In CPU-z there is information about every DIMM.

Memory Remap is on by default, turning it off shows me in Windows that i have 4GB but only 3.45 are usable. In the BIOS it shows 8192Mb of RAM.

niciuffo, Aug 26, 2020
  4. niciuffo Win User

BIOS and Windows see 8Gigs, Cpu-z 16

So, I have ordered 4 sticks of 4GB each of Corsair Vengeance LP RAM, and used it for about 3 days with no problems at all. Then today they didn't want to boot at 1600Mhz and I had to turn the frequency down to 1333.
    I used the pc for a couple of hours trying to find the issue and I got a BSOD. I thought it was a problem of the RAM and so I tried every stick since the system didn't boot with all four of them in their slots.
    Strangely enough it booted up every time with every of the four sticks. So I put them all in and it powered on with 16GB of RAM.
    The problem is that in the BIOS and in Windows I can see 8gigs of ram, while in CPU-Z it shows 16 of them.
    System specs below, I really have no idea what could be the problem.

CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16 e0recx.jpg

niciuffo, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. CPU-Z sees 32GB ram, Windows 10 sees 16 - Similar Threads - CPU sees 32GB

2. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it: Hi, I just installed a new bank of 16GB DDR4 2400hz RAM, but windows doesn't see it.I tried to buy it same speed as the original one, and funny enough Passmark Performance Test sees it installed.PictureWhat did I do wrong? is it a broken bank?Thanks...
  3. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it: Hi, I just installed a new bank of 16GB DDR4 2400hz RAM, but windows doesn't see it.I tried to buy it same speed as the original one, and funny enough Passmark Performance Test sees it installed.PictureWhat did I do wrong? is it a broken bank?Thanks...
  4. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have 32gb ram, but windows 10 64bit just tells me 16gb are available and sees 32gb...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 32gb ram, but windows 10 64bit just tells me 16gb are available and sees 32gb...: I have 32gb ram installed and my windows 10 pro 64bit sees it and my bios sees it, but inside it tells me that 16gb are just available. So what is the issue here?? If I take one 8gb ram out and put an 4gb ram in, it shows me more to use, but by putting the 8 GB in and not...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.964 only sees 24GB of 32GB installed RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.964 only sees 24GB of 32GB installed RAM: Hi, I am using an Asus X299 TUF Mark 1 MOBO with the latest BIOS and memory modules from the QVL list. All four sticks are OK when installed individually. CPU-Z sees all four but OS reports only 3 slots are occupied. BIOS also recognizes all four modules. Any ideas? 178598
  7. 32GB Ram crashes windows.

32GB Ram crashes windows.: Hi, I recently bought new ram for my pc 16GB, 2400MHz. And I already had a ram stick 16GB, 2400MHz. When I add the other ram stick, my windows crashes after or at the moment I log in. When I remove one of them it works. Neither of the sticks appear to be faulty as they...
  8. Aorus B450 M bios seeing 16gb of ram Windows only seeing half.

Aorus B450 M bios seeing 16gb of ram Windows only seeing half.: Hi guys, I am having an issue with windows 10 not seeing all of my ram in my computer. The thing is my bios actually sees it. I ran memtest and Memory diagnostic and it showed no issues. my ram is Gskill Tridentz Rgb F4-3200c16D-16gtzr. I have also reinstalled windows...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Only seeing half of installed RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Only seeing half of installed RAM: Hello, I recently installed Windows 10 from Win 7 after upgrading my hard drive to a solid state drive. Since the upgrade Window only see's half of the installed RAM. I have read numerous articles and tried many different fixes and suggestions but to no avail. Is it...
  10. to see ram storage in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to see ram storage in windows 10 pro: I can't see my ram storage in my pc in windows 10 pro version. How can see this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-see-ram-storage-in-windows-10-pro/b27c0589-d309-4863-86d7-ceab432738fb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idle windows vista cpu set ram