Windows 10: CPUcashe folder

Discus and support CPUcashe folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a yellow CPUcashe folder that appeared on my desktop; my questions are: 1) How did that happen? 2) Do I need this yellow folder on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john w dodge, Feb 12, 2021.

1. CPUcashe folder

I have a yellow CPUcashe folder that appeared on my desktop; my questions are:
    1) How did that happen?
    2) Do I need this yellow folder on my desktop and if not can I just delete it?
    this is my first post so I am not sure how this works - if you had this happened to you and know how or why please e-mail me at [email protected] - I am not sure if I need to log back on to this web site tomorrow or if my answer is to come to my e-mail address.
    Thanks so much for your patiens
    John

:)

john w dodge, Feb 12, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 12, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

CPUcashe folder

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

CPUcashe folder

1. CPUcashe folder - Similar Threads - CPUcashe folder

2. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  3. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  4. FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR: I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected "Enhanced" for my search options. I have stopped and restarted searchhost.exe. I have also restarted my computer. Under this...
  5. FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR

FOLDER NOT FOUND USING SEARCH IN TASKBAR: I have created a folder called "PICTURES" in my C: drive. When I search for it from the search box in the taskbar, nothing is returned. I have selected "Enhanced" for my search options. I have stopped and restarted searchhost.exe. I have also restarted my computer. Under this...
  6. Making Changes To Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making Changes To Folders: I occasionally need to rename or move a folder but get an error saying a file or folder is open which must be closed before renaming or moving can continue. Often there are dozens or hundreds of files or folders and I am unable to find the one causing the error. Is there any...
  7. Making Changes To Folders

Making Changes To Folders: I occasionally need to rename or move a folder but get an error saying a file or folder is open which must be closed before renaming or moving can continue. Often there are dozens or hundreds of files or folders and I am unable to find the one causing the error. Is there any...
  8. Making Changes To Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file: A quick background: I was extending my recovery drive for the workaround for the win update error: 0x80070643 Windows 10 KB503444. In the process, I had to restore the RE image. I executed: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"c:\install.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mountwim /readonly It...
  10. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file: A quick background: I was extending my recovery drive for the workaround for the win update error: 0x80070643 Windows 10 KB503444. In the process, I had to restore the RE image. I executed: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"c:\install.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mountwim /readonly It...