Windows 10: Cr2 Files recovery

Discus and support Cr2 Files recovery in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm having a problem with my CR2 files. To summarize my issue briefly, I went on a trip last year to Australia and took around 500 photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kingcrabba, May 24, 2020.

1. Cr2 Files recovery

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with my CR2 files.

To summarize my issue briefly, I went on a trip last year to Australia and took around 500 photos using a school camera. I then uploaded them from the camera to my student Onedrive account, on a school-owned computer. Since I have left school shortly after, which in turn, they deleted the Microsoft account that held the Onedrive content. But luckily, I downloaded a .zip file copy of the Onedrive content before it was deleted and found most, if not all, of the photos. They are all in a IMG_XXXX.CR2_Error.txt and IMG_XXXX.xmp_Error.txt format. They are one a' WD My Passport' external drive. I would like to know how I can possibly convert the photos or somehow un-corrupt them, as the "error" part in the file name suggests they are corrupt. These photos are extremely important to me.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/kingcrabba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kingcrabba, May 24, 2020

2. .CR2 raw files not opening

Hi,

We may open .cr2 files using the Photo file. We need additional information to help resolve your concern. Are you getting any error message when opening a .cr2 file format? If yes, we recommend setting a default program to open the file. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Locate .cr2, then select Photos as the default app.

Cr2 Files recovery 422ce918-8282-47eb-9d60-3d2b2c75bdad?upload=true.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 24, 2020
  3. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago.
    Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem.
    Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them with a generic thumbnail icon).
    None of my various photo editing software programs can even see the USB connection post Windows upgrade.
    If I move a CR2 file from the camera to the hard drive, none of the photo viewers (that could all previously display CR2 images in 8.1) can display them now - I have updated to the latest Win10 versions of those viewers, still no luck.
    To make it even stranger, Windows and the other photo viewers can display the existing CR2 files (i.e. that were present on the hard drive when I did the Windows update, and came from the same camera) with no problem, it's only new ones from the camera (which has NOT had a firmware update or any changes like that) that it can't seem to handle.
    Any ideas? I really don't want to have to roll back to 8.1 ...
    Thanks.

Anachronista, May 24, 2020
  4. Cr2 Files recovery

CR2 files

Yes so does mine but the CR2 file is the new standard from Canon and I can't open it at all.

ChuckBelliveau, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Cr2 Files recovery

1. Cr2 Files recovery - Similar Threads - Cr2 Files recovery

2. CR2 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 files: My HP computer wont accept my CR2 files from my canon 5 camera now yet it worked a week ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/642fec26-8db2-4fb0-829f-3f9d782b1830
  3. Canon cr2+cr3 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Canon cr2+cr3 files: I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr2cr3-files/daec7058-3dc4-44b2-a7ab-07afa8ba0845
  4. Canon CR2 files in windows explorer

Canon CR2 files in windows explorer: My older canon 500d raw files I could preview in windows explorer - this now does not work with my newer canon 77d camera - can a new codec pack please be released for the newer raw formats....
  5. cr2 files

cr2 files: Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/bc201e05-f1f1-4c80-9ade-9421c32fc382
  6. 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file: 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file. Just bought the camera but have been shootig with a canon for 3 years and no problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/77d-can-not-see-thumbnail-in-cr2-file/1044b918-081d-4a23-a6f4-d712023de5eb"
  7. Official .CR2 (raw) file viewer?

Official .CR2 (raw) file viewer?: Good day, is there an official microsoft made RAW image file viewer? I'm looking into Mircosoft Photos but I think it does not support RAW files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/official-cr2-raw-file-viewer/a114a40b-ddda-4248-bbe3-2d1369a705e7
  8. Isses with cr2 files (RAW)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Isses with cr2 files (RAW): Hello everyone. I sent the below to Canon: Hi there, I have a user who has a Canon EOS 200D and some issues with cr2 files. First of all if the view in Windows Explorer is set to 'large images' it won't show the image at all but a thumbnail. And they replied with below:...
  9. Canon CR2 files are not viewable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Canon CR2 files are not viewable.: I cannot view photos taken with a Canon 6D Mark 2. It has been out for a while. Downloaded codecs - no luck. Canon web site has no help also. (this also was a problem with Canon 70D last year.)...
  10. Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files: Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem. Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them...